Thursday 1 May 2008

Still Away

Just thought I'd do a quickie post to let everyone know I'm still here. I'm in Kansas City now the weather is sunny and warm but apparently it will be cold at the weekend. I only arrived here yesterday and ended up spending last night in a Irish Pub, they had a live band on so it was good fun.

Austin was very hot, in fact my chest is a bit pink from lazing by the Pool most afternoons. Its a real party atmosphere, live music everwhere, more venues than any other city in the world.

Got a few stories to tell later but will tell you this one for now, in fact I really wound some lads up. I was sat at a bar when four lads in their twenties came in and stood to my right, there was only two stools so wasn't really much room. They had obviously had a few to drink and a couple of them were been real assholes to everyone in the place.
Anyway they heard my accent asked where I was from so I told them England, now one started taking the p**s out of my accent. I told him he should be careful he doesn't know who I am.
Anyway he asked what I did so I told him I was a profesional hitman, he laughed at first but one of the more sensible ones started to quiz me. He asked questions like how I killed people so I told him it was upto the client, but if they choose it costs more.
The conversation went on a bit but I told them if I used my favorite method it was much cheaper. I couldn't believe a couple of them were really taking it all in.
Anyway they asked how I would do it so I told them "Easy I'd just slip a little tablet in their drink and they wouldn't even realise they had been got for 12 hours when I'd be well away from the scene"
The funny part was they all left the bar and didn't finish their drinks, Me and the lad working the bar (I'd winked to him earlier in the conversation so he was in on it) just cracked up laughing what numptys.

Basically everyone else I've met have been really nice just been in some real friendly places.

5 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Isn't it amazing that everywhere you go there seems to be an Irish pub. When the Hubster was on his travels with work, he spent a lot of time in one in France, and watched Leeds Utd on the TV in an Irish pub in Singapore. Apparently there is a thriving supporters club out there. Just goes to show, people with sense are all over the globe lol.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Jenny said...

Great story! I love messing with drunks at the bar. I bet they totally believe the line you were telling them. In fact, the next homicide story they see on the news, they will think it was you!

TitanThirteen said...

lol you're english, so you just need to run around in front of an open fire in order to get sunburnt! lol

TitanThirteen said...

....And that pub story is really funny! lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Yes they are everywhere thats for sure, I usually find them in the US cos they serve English Pints not the smaller American ones.

Jenny,
I've got to admit I'm a bit of a WUM (Wind up Merchant) at times, I can be really convincing, years of practice I think.

Cactus,
You think us Brits would be used to the sun, remember it always shines on the Empire.