Monday 19 May 2008

My Weekend

I've decided a slight change to my blog as I feel its maybe gone a little stale, plus today is the the start of my effort to lose weight and get fitter so I feel I should blog on a daily basis on what I'm doing about. In fact gone are my regular posts such as Sport & Music and these will be included in my daily article plus what if anything is happening in my life, my thoughts on everything including world events in fact it will be a mix of allsorts of topics but mainly about me & my thoughts.

So here I go :-

1. Fitness/Weight Loss - I mentioned in my last post I've had a hectic few weeks with holidays, weekends away, nights out, etc. Hence I've put on weight and feel unfit with all the excessive eating & drinking so now its fight back time.
Well as for exercise first thing today I've started doing sit-ups (gotta flatten the Belly), I did 30 this morning and hope to increase this in the coming weeks. I also did my 6 mile walk after breakfast for most of it I tried to keep a good pace going I think thats important.
I also took my Pulse rate (rested) this morning cos I reckon thats a guide to fitness, it was high (78) and I know its normally around (70) so I hope to see this improve in the coming weeks.

As for Food/Drink this is it today :-
8am Breakfast - 1 pint water, 2 weetabix, Blueberries & Strawberries, 1/2 pint Orange Juice.
This is actually my normal breakfast except its usually 3 weetabix not 2.
12noon Lunch - Bacon sandwich (grilled), Water to drink, ok not great but had some in the fridge and wanted to use it up.
2.30pm - Cup of Coffe & 2 biscuits as a treat (usually have 3 biscuits)
5pm Dinner - Not had it yet but will be having, Chicken, Roast Potato (small portion), Carrots, Parsnip, Broccolli & Sprouts.

Tonight is a problem cos Monday is my Pool match and I'm not giving that up, I've decided I'm going down to the Pub 30 mins later than normal so I will have a pint less, I'll also be walking the mile+ each way to the Pub.


2. My weekend - As most of you know I was away in Slough this weekend, I went to watch our Table Tennis Clubs 1st team who were in the play offs to qualify for the National Prem Division. The top 2 teams in each of the three regionalised 1st divisions met in all play all competition with the top two getting promoted.
Some of the action was fantastic as there wasn't much between the teams, Our Club had a fantastic Saturday winning two matches 6-2 against Reading and Brighton, there other Match was a draw against Nottingham and the points they gained made them overnight leaders, and talk of reaching the Prem was rife.
However Sunday wasn't good as they lost their last two matches against Northampton & a London Club both by the narrowest margin 5-3 and ended up finishing 3rd and just missing out. Perhaps it was bad luck, nerves I don't now, I also feel been top Saturday actually put more pressure on the players and some looked tired, perhaps we need a strong reserve that can come in so key players get a rest, we will look into that. We went with the same four players (our strongest team) in each match but 10 tough singles is physically hard and I'm sure it effected us.
Not to Worry, no point dwelling on the results gotta prepare for next season.

3. Meeting a online Friend - During my trip to Slough I'd arranged to meet up over a meal with one of my online friends from MySpace called Jane, Origionally Jane was going to meet me in Slough but when I got there Friday night I wasn't impressed so decided it would be better we met in Windsor which was a very short train ride, lukily my hotel was right next to the Station.
Prior to setting off I had given Jane my phone number in case she had a problem, to be honest I alway wondered whether she might get cold feel as she seems slightly shy a quiet sort of person.
Anyway she texted Saturday morning to give me her phone number in case I couldn't make it, so I then knew she was serious about meeting, must admit I was pleased.
Anyway I suggested meeting at Windsor Railway Station, Jane suggested 7.30pm and that was ideal for me so the time & place was set. Did I also mention I was also impressed with the effort Jane was making cos it wasn't like she lived local she actually had a one hour+ drive.
My train arrived shortly before the meet up time but 7.30pm came and Jane texted saying she was slightly late but would be there soon, Her problem was finding somewhere to park so I didn't mind.
Eventually we met and as she walked towards the station I regognised her straight away as she did me. Now this is always a problem moment, my natural instincts is to give them a hug but I've been corrected on that one before (thanks Regina), so I played on the side of caution and went for the hand shake. Actually later Jane said she would have been ok with the hug but I reckon if not sure you don't want to blow it straight away.
We chatted as we walked towards the bars & restaurants and eventually decided to go in a big Pub which had a dinning area upstairs, we found a table by a window overlooking Windsor Castle. I ordered Ribeye Steak and Jane went for the Sirloin.
As we ate we chatted a lot, we seemed to get on, we talked about our MySpace friends, we talked about each other our strengths & weaknesses, we talked about allsorts which was good cos them ackward silences are no fun, we seemed comfortable with each other.
For the record I found out Jane is a real down to earth person and got a smashing personality. She as got a pretty face but her biggest assett is a cute smile, I am a sucker for a nice smile I must be honest. I will had Jane smiled a lot virtually all the ime, that pleased me cos it gave the signal she was comfortable with my company.
Anyway as this was a first meeting I fully expected us to have a meal maybe a drink at Jane to make her way home. In fact I'd told my friends that I'd come down with I'd catch up with them sometime after 10pm. However we just stayed a talked, time just flew by, I couldn't believe how fast my watch was spinning round it got to gone 11pm and I mentioned the last train to Slough was 11.30pm but Jane said no problem she could drop me off.
Eventually we were the last two people in the dinning room and the staff asked us if we minded moving downstairs to the bar so we did and carried on with our conversation despite competing with some very loud music. Jane asked a lot about my holidays and I'm sure she was dropping hints that she'd love to come sometime in the future when she gets to know me better.
She also took a photo of me with her camera phone and didn't let her off the hook, I got one of the staff to take one of us both together.
Eventually we did leave (think it was getting towards 1am) and Jane gave me a lift to my hotel as she promised. When we pulled up to say our goodbyes I asked if she minded if I gave her a goodnight kiss, I was pleased she said yes so I gave her a little peck. To be honest I then felt I wanted to give her a proper kiss and sort of hoped she might take a lead there, it didn't happen. I fought the urge because I didn't want to spoil what had been a good night that I'd really enjoyed, I wasn't sure what reaction I'd have got so played it safe. I've come to the conclusion its harder to be a total flirt with someone you like.
So thats it apart from when I got in my hotel a couple of my friends were in the bar so I stayed up and had a couple more drinks before retiring.

Just to answer the question before asked -
Will we meet again ? We did talk about it and I think there is a good chance it will happen.

4. Music - For all the music fans that read my blog I intend to post songs on a regular basis so here is the classic Bob Dylan track "Like a Rolling Stone".

2 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Good luck with the fightback - a change in things is always a fresh start.

Well Mick, I disagree, if I met you for the first and you didn't give me a hug and a kiss I'd be pretty pissed off. Even though I haven't physically met you I still feel a fondness everyone has for their friends.

Having said that though I think you did the right thing by holding back on the big pash at the end of the evening. I hope it works out for you.

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Celtic, I think I maybe held back a bit too much, just didn't want to give the wrong impression and ruin night.