Wednesday 28 May 2008

To the Care Home

1. Care Home - With my father going into hospitol for his hip operation tomorrow my Mother is going to stay in a Care Home for a few weeks until he gets back up and running. This Morning we took her down and got her settled in, I still don't like it but really there is no alterative as she is disabled and needs full time care, my Dad is her career.
Anyway when we got her there she was happy cos she knew a lot of the staff, the home is on the estate where we lived when I was a child, the place I grew up. In fact I think half the staff was at school with me. They all come to greet her and there was a cup of tea with biscuits waiting they certainly was trying to make her feel at home, I'm sure she will soon settle.
In the morning I'm taking my Dad to the hospital in York for his operation, we need to be there at 7.30am so will leave at about 6.30am. When I've left him there I'll go visit my Mum to see if she is ok and if she needs anything.

2. Gout - My ankle is still a bit sore and last night when I went to bed I also got a pain in my Knee, it was bad I couldn't get comfy and at about 1am had to get up and take some pain killers. Fortunately the Knee seems ok today but with gout you just can't tell what joint it will attack.

3. Weight Loss - Again a day without exercise due to settling my Mum in, Gout & heavy rain but I've eaten ok today.
My food intake for today was :
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2 portion Strawberries, 1/2 portion Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange Juice
Lunch - Vegetable Sup, Slice of Bread
Mid afternoon - Coffee, 2 biscuits.
Dinner - Salad (Lettuce, Ham, Tomato, Spring Onion, Celery, Radish), slice of bread.
Supper - Glass of Milk + maybe a Cracker if I'm hungry
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

4. Music Choice - A 1972 classic from the Rolling Stones for today "Sweet Virginia", great song, great group, great performance.

6 comments:

Moby Dick said...

R ewe White Rose Boy?

celtic_girl said...

I'm glad your mam was fussed over when she went to the care facility. I know it would be a worry to you she was there. It may turn out to be something she really enjoys (for a short time)seeing she knows alot of the staff.

Mick & Cathy said...

Spider,
Yes

Celtic,
Yes I think it was good that the staff made the effort to make her feel welcome. I'm off to see her shortly so I'll find how the first night went.

airliebird58 said...

Hi Mick. That's nice that your Mam knows some of the staff, it will help her settle, and like I said before, you're Dad will be well looked after in the BUPA hospital if my Dad was anything to go by.
You're going to be well busy with visiting the next few days aren't you?!

Mick & Cathy said...

airliebird,
You're so right the Bupa hospital is very impressive. Visiting Mum isn't a problem only at other end of town, Dad been in York is a bit harder, gotta pick your time to avoid the traffic.

Moby Dick said...

Sorry if I ever offended thee. I certainly like ewe enuff to be constantly posting dork on yer blog.