Friday 23 May 2008

Trying to keep Fit

1. Weight Loss/Fitness -Well I'll start with my food intake for today :-
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1 portion Strawerries, Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange Juice.
Lunch - Bowl of soup, slice of bread. The soup was a new one from heinz "Italian Chicken, Tomato & peppers, very tasty I must say.
Mid afternoon - Coffee, 2 biscuits.
Dinner - (I had a salad) Ham, 1/2 Pork Pie, Lettuce, Tomatos, Spring Onions, Celery, Radish's, Slice Bread.
Evening treat - Pineapple (love them)
Supper - 1/2pint Milk.
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

As for exercise this morning I went for a six mile power walk but made a error of judgement. The other day when clearing my utility room I found a old pair of trainers, they looked in decent condition so decided to use them for my walk. I now know why they were in the utility room as they really rubbed, my feet are so sore.
No Pain no gain so this afternoon I had a hour on the field with a golf club and balls just hitting backwards and forwards. Its actually decent exercise for the upper body and of course plenty of walking up and down.

I should add now I'm settling into my routine my pulse rate is dropping to normal, I was a touch concerned when it was 78 following a month of abuse on the drinking/eating front through holidays & nights out. Well this morning its actually 74 so I reckon by next week it'll be at its normal 70, I hope so. Eventually I want to up the fitness level and get it under that, I think pulse rate is a decent sign of good health.

2. Visit - My parents have had a visit to discuss what is needed to help my Dad when he comes out of hospital. He will be very limited with his movements for a few weeks and she has been teaching him how to get up out of a chair, out of bed, shower, toilet, etc. Also make sure any furniture is suitable of if any aids are required.
Of course my father got the times wrong and was up town when the nurse arrived, best be assured he got a right rollicking off my Mum.

3. Music Choice - Well for today I'll give you some Classic Rock from the group Steppenwolf and of course its from the sountrack to Easy Rider "Born to be Wild" :-

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh I love weetabix! They just started carrying them in most groceries here and I love them!

Good luck with the efforts to keep fit. We are here to support you!

Mick & Cathy said...

Thanks Jenny for your support, its appreciated.
Surprised you've just started getting weetabix we've had them years here.