Tuesday 27 May 2008

Nice Meal - Ok I forgot the diet

1. Hospital Trip - Today has mainly been taken up taking my Dad through to the hospital in York to have a Blood test prior to his hip operation on Thursday. He actually had a medical last week, why they didn't do the blood test then I don't know.
Anyway his appointment was at 11.15am so we set off at 10.15am not quite sure how long it would take in the morning traffic. However it was a good journey and we booked in at early 11am and got a Coffee each from the machine in the waiting area. No sooner had we sat down than the nurse came for him, he hadn't even touched his coffee, off he went and was back in minutes actually done before his appointment was due.
On the way home we decided to stop for a meal at a village Pub, I did go in with good intentions of having something light. However you know what its like when you read the menu, it makes you hungry. So been a meat eater I went for the mixed Grill, my Dad went for Lamb which was on the specials board.
Anyway when the Mixed Grill came it was on a massive plate and they couldn't even fit the Chips (fries) on, they came on a side dish. It contained, Steak, Pork Chop, Lamb Chop, Sausage, Gammon, Black Pudding, Mushrooms, Peas, Tomato, Carrots, Turnip & Runner Beans. Hell it was a battle but I ate it all, only had one pint to wash it down though.

2. Gout & Pool - I was pleased this morning when I got up that my gout appears to be clearing up, ok it still hurts a bit but some of the swelling as gone and the pain is much less, I'm sure its on the mend.
I had a Pool match last night and it was agony to go, I didn't want to let the team down cos I knew of others unavailable and thought we could be short. I normally walk and have a few beers but last night I had to go in the car and just drank Orange & Water, I managed to win my singles but cocked up my doubles, the team won though so that was good. It was our last match this season and we've gone up to the top division.

3. Weight Loss/Fitness - Well with the Gout & Hospital visit other than a few sit ups this morning my exercise has been nil. I wouldn't have got my long walk in anyway as the weather is aweful, its cold with wind & rain I reckon winter has returned today. As I've been on my computor now we've had a few power dips, sure its the weather causing it cos we have so many overhead lines around here. At least work wont be calling me, I always got call outs when it was like this.
And yes I nearly forgot my food intake for today was :
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2 portion Strawberries, 1/2 portion Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange Juice
Mid Morning - Coffee
Lunch - Mixed Grill (see above)
Mid afternoon - Coffee, 2 biscuits.
Dinner - Jacket Potato & Spaggetti
Supper - Glass of Milk
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

4. Music Choice - A absolute superb version of "I Still haven't found what I'm looking for" from U2.

4 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Gout - Ouchies! It was interesting to read your comment on losing weight too fast can bring on an attack.I know that is true also in regards to a gall stone attack. When you stop eating the high fat foods your gallbladder notices the change and gets a bit confused as it's not producing the same amount of bile. Any stones there get moved around and may block some of the ducts.
I hope all goes well for your dad's op on Thursday.

Jenny said...

Naughty boy, that mixed grill sounds like enough for two! ;-) Of course, I probably would have ordered it too--that sounds YUMMY!

airliebird58 said...

Mixed grills can end up being a bit 'Desperate Dan' cant they? I remember ordering one once and the waiter said 'Will you be sharing this?' I said no, crikey, I'd never seem so much grub in my life! Sad to say I didn't finish it. I've always been brought up to finish what I'm given you see.
Glad to hear your gout is clearing up now. All the best to your Dad for the op too.

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
Its a good point, diet is definately about balance, you have to be so careful not to create other problems.

Jenny,
At least I turned down the Liver (because of my gout) & Egg (don't like them. It was nice though.

Airliebird,
I'm the same, don't like leaving anything on the plate, rarely do.