Friday 30 May 2008

All Rush

1. Today - Well I feel like I've spent today chasing my tail, this morning I'd a few jobs to do around the house then it was up to the care home to visit my Mum. She seems to have settled in ok.
Then it was onto York to visit my father in hospital I grabbed a Sandwich on route for my lunch. He's had his operation and talking to the head nurse they seem pleased with his progress so far. In fact they are talking about him coming home as early as Monday. Sure I'll have to look after him, get his meals and such but its far better than commuting to the far side of York every day.
Got home had my dinner, got showered ready for going out, I'm back to York tonight this time with a few old workmates for a few drinks. Gotta catch the 6.45pm bus.

2. Weight Loss/fitness - No exercise today, no time.
As for Food intake :-
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2 portion Strawberries, 1/2 portion Blueberries, Banana, 1/2pint Orange Juice
Lunch - Beef & Onion Sandwich, Diet Pepsi.
Dinner - Roast Pork, Roast Potatos, Parsnips, Sprouts, Broccoli, Peas & Carrots, Glass of Milk.
Supper - Night Out, a few beers.
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

3. Car Fuel - Why are we p****d off with the cost of fuel for our cars, well a newspaper today publish what we as a country pay for fuel & what we pay at the Pumps. The facts are because of North Sea Oil supplementing our imports our country pays LESS per gallon than the rest of Europe. However when our government adds their tax we pay MORE than everyone else at the Pumps.
As for my American friends who worry about their costs, you don't know you are born.
Examples (in pence per gallon) -
UK - price before tax 48.8p after tax 116.6p
Sweden - before 51.9p after 109p
Germany - before 51.9p after 106.5p
France - before 51.8p after 102.8p
Austria - before 52.2p after 99.7p
Denmark - before 55.4p after 105.8p
Ireland - before 50.3p after 96.4p

We are been truly screwed.

4. Music Choice - A bit of CCR (Creedance Clearwater Revival) today with a song to me that just makes you feel happy "Lookin out my back door"

No comments: