Saturday 31 May 2008

Another Busy Day

1. My Day - I've had another day of dashing about so gonna chill tonight maybe stay online a bit see if anyone is about to IM with. This morning I did a bit of shopping first thing as there were a few items I needed then it was to the care home to visit my Mum.
Got back home at about 11.30am and decided to cut the lawn as the weather was nice and it was looking a bit long.
After that just had a light lunch then off to York to see my Dad in hospital. Got home about 3.30 pm so made myself a Cup of Coffee and watched a bit of sport on the TV. Just had my dinner so here I am, time to relax I think.

2. Weight Loss/Fitness - I suppose cutting the lawn was good exercise pushing that stupid lawn mower of mine.
As for Food intake :-
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2 portion Strawberries, 1/2 portion Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange Juice
Mid Morning - Apple
Lunch - Soup (Italian Chicken, Tomato & Red Peppers), slice of bread.
Mid Afternoon - Coffee & 2 biscuits
Dinner - Baccon, Spicy Wedges, Baked Beans, Grilled Tomato, Slice Bread.
Supper - Glass of Milk.
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

3. Music Choice - For todays song I'm going for Mott the Hoople one of the most underrated groups of the seventies with a song I really like "Ballad of Mott".

4 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

What's wrong with your dad?
And why do you put a * next to the word weetabix?

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi Cactus,
My Dad has just had a new hip put in, my Mum as gone into a Care home while he recovers, she is disabled and he is her main carer.

The * in front of the weetabix is a multification sign so when it say's 2*wetabix it means I have 2. Thats good cos I used to have 3.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

What's a weetabix? Your health regimen sounds great. I'm starting another new health campaign this week. It seems that even though I haven't technically gained weight in the past year, it's still harder to fit into my jeans. It's because my middle-aged body is redistributing my weight in disturbing and unflattering ways. So it's back to the drawing board, as it were! I need to reach a new level of eating well. I should probably overhaul my workout routine, too. Go, Mick! Go, us!

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg,
I'm surprised you don't have weetabix over there although you may soon. They have been a popular breakfast serial for years here.
One of my other American blog friends (Jenny in conneticut)told me they had just started getting them in stores. I'll explain what they are in my next post.
Thanks for your support, I think I'm doing ok with my food intake but not getting the level of exercise I would like, I seem to be short of time but that should change when I get my Dad out of hospital, visiting him in hospital takes a lot of time up its a bit of a trek.