Thursday 22 May 2008

Not such a great Eating & Exercise Day

1. My day - Much of today has been taken up with the fact I took my Dad through to York Hospital for his Pre-Operation medical checks. Driving to York in a morning is always a pain but to be honest the traffic wasn't as bad as I expected. He's fell a bit lucky because he expected to go into York District Hospital but because of the backlog he is been transferred to a brand new private hospital with the National Health system paying. I'll tell you this place is state of the art and is one of the top rated in the country.
Anyway he had his checks but has to go back next tuesday for a blood test, then in for his op next thursday.
Anyway on the way home he insisted that we stopped for a Pub Lunch, ok I didn't need my arm twisting too far up my back but its not good for the diet as I don't usually have much at lunch time.

2. Weight Loss/Fitness -
Well my food intake for today :-
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2portion Strawerries, 1/2portion Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange Juice.
Mid Morning - Cup Coffee (no sugar)
Lunch - Gammon, Chips (Fries), Mushroom, Pineapple slice, Peas, Tomato, pint Beer.
Dinner - Jacket Potato, Baked Beans.
Supper - 1/2pint Milk.
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

As for exercise with taking my father I've only done my morning sit ups.

3. Fuel Prices - This part of my post is for my American friends, for the last few months (or longer) I've heard a lot of you complain about the cost of Fuel, for gasoline to fill up your car I believe you are paying in the region of $3.60 per gallon, correct me if I'm wrong.
Well forgive me if I don't sympaphaise cos I've just topped up my car and todays price £1.25 per litre (tat is up 4p since Monday), change that to gallons thats about £5.65 per gallon, change that to dollars and you are around $11 dollars per gallon. Well somebody has got to pay for Tony Blairs cock ups haven't they.

4. Music Choice - Classic song for today is from 1979 and is Olivers Army by Elvis Costello and the Attractions.

2 comments:

airliebird58 said...

The same thing happened to my Dad he ended up having his knee op at a BUPA hospital. Crikey, what a difference! I went there for my 1st appointment when referred to see a consultant. My appointment was for 6.30pm. I had x-rays, an examination, and a chat with the consultant, and was out of there before 7pm. There's just no comparison! Your Dad will be well looked after.
I listen to a lot of US radio, and there's lots comment about the petrol prices, they don't know how lucky they are lol.

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
Its a Bupa place my Dad is going, must say I was really impressed.