Monday 1 August 2011

Day One - The Battle begins

1st of August and the start of my August weight loss challenge as begun and I nearly slipped up on my first lunchtime. I'd been TT training in York this morning and Paula came along so we went a light lunch afterwards and I was about to order a ham and chese toasted sandwich until I remembered my rules totally ban cheese, ended up having beef.

Just to remind you these are he rules I'll stick to this month :-
1. Alcohol limited to 14 units (7 pints) per week.
2. No Chocolate, sweets, biscuits or cake (even as a treat)
3. No Cheese (and I'm a cheese addict)
4. No eating at all after 6pm.

Tonight I'm out at Pool so I'll maybe have some of my weekly alcohol allowance but want to save some for next weekend and also will have to say no to the after match refreshments, it wont be easy but I'm quite determined.
Not sure how much weight I'll lose this month following these rules (and been careful with other foods) but I'm confident it'll give me a big kick forward.

On the diet front sort of had a bit of a easy weekend before this months efforts, went out for meals with Paula boh Saturday night and Sunday lunch and allowed myself the treat of having a sweet on both occasions. Also allowed myself a few beers last night as I'd a pool singles match and walked to the pub.

Friday I had a day out in London, was doing my promotional video and photos for the singles holiday company I'd travelled with. They paid all my expences so i went on the early train and had a walk across central London getting some photos of many of the sites. I met the people organising it at lunchtime where  i was treated to lunch then onto the studios for the shoot. The studios were at the Telegraph offices and I got a tour around, it was interesting to see how a national newspaper is produced.
It was very proffesional, was even had my own make up artist getting me ready for the camera, it involved a video answering questions about the holiday and a lot of still shots.
Afterwards I walked down to the river before making my way back to Kings Cross and getting something to eat, it was a long day and i was tired but was a great experience.

Back to this months weight loss battle and I just about got away with the ekend, was only one pund heavier than wednesdays weigh in at 220lb.

Just out of interest how much do you think I'll lose in August I'm going for a ambitious 14lb (1 stone) as my guess.

Nearly forgot my friends it is 1st August so :-

HAPPY YORKSHIRE DAY

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Mick: I'm glad to read all the mentions about Paula, glad that you found someone with whom to enjoy life. I seem to have missed a lot since last checking your blog; besides about Paula, also making a promotional video for the singles holiday company. That sounds like a new venture for you.

Anonymous said...

hey Mr - August, I'm going to say 10 lbs eeeks!

Your day in London sounds divine, oh to be in the UK... maybe one day!

Glad Paula is well and good luck with your rules, are you still doing weely weigh in or just at the end of the month?

Love to see the finished product from your singles holiday promo gig!

San
xxx

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi Arlene,
Start of a acting career maybe, lol

San,
Going to actually weigh in every day (morning), sounds strange but I'll explain why on todays post.

You will be able to see some of my promotional work as apparently they are putting a 3 minute video on their website, will provide link when its done.

TitanThirteen said...

Those rules scare me. Sweet stuff AND cheese?? I'd find it really hard going without one or the other, but both? *shivers in dred*
Good luck, i'm barracking for ya!