Tuesday 30 August 2011

Day 30 - No Change

No Change today still 211lb as I was before the weekend (and yesterday) but am still happy with that.

So only a couple of days left of my August challenge and although I'm pleased to have lost what I have (9lb so far), I know I'm not going to make my target loss of 1 stone (14lb). So been thinking about where it went wrong (if losing 9lb is going wrong) and must admit I didn't always stick to the rules.
Going a month without sweet stuff (including chocolate) proved impossible but to be fair to myself I didn't do two bad.
Limiting the numbe of alcoholic drinks per week went ok but did blip a couple of weeks but not by any riddiculous amounts so did ok I think.
Not eating after 6 went ok apart from when eating out (usually dating with Paula at weekends), still you got to live sometimes.

On another note I don't think I've exercised enough, wanted to but have struggled with sore ankles oon and off (gout related) over the last few weeks, as I write this I've a badly swollen knee although not too painful just stiff because of the swelling. Hoping it clears by the weekend because the TT season starts this weekend and I'm in a tournament at Sunderland. And of course I know in the long term weight loss plan I need to up the exercise because its as much to do with fitness as weight loss but they do go hand in hand.

So the plan is to carry on with the weight attack and daily weigh ins upto my Cyprus holiday (25th September), maybe I can lose a few more pounds by then, thats the plan anyway.
I know the majority of people advise against regular (daily) weigh ins but it works for me, it keeps me focussed.

3 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

You've done great! Maybe set a challenge next month to do a certain amount of exercise per week?
Bet that'll see the numbers jumping!

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Exercise is good for increasing your metabolism, but for weight loss, exercise doesn't matter as much as what you eat/drink. I think your attention is on the right place. I've gone a month now without sweets or carbs. It IS possible, but breaking one's dependency on sugar and fat is hard, so be patient with yourself.

Mick & Cathy said...

Losing,
Thats a good plan, even without weight loss will get me better and help change my body shape.

Reg,
Yes you are corect will be looking at both exercise and food. Need to set myself goals, thats what works for me.