Friday 20 June 2008

Skint

1. Car - I reported earlier in the week that I had a new rear tyre fitted on my car cos I got a nail in the side wall. Well today my Car went in for its service (change oil, filters, etc) & its Mot which wasn't cheap but budgeted for so its ok.
The good news was that it passed the MOT with no extra cost, now there is a first. However they did point out that both my front tyres tread is wearing down, still in the legal limits but within the next 6 month I'll need new tyres expense I could do without.
Another expense is my Car tax is due by the end of this month, gee there is no end to paying out.

2. Further Spending - This week I've bought a new vacuum cleaner cos mine was on its last legs, I'm impressed with the new one, its very powerful but you can adjust the suction for different carpets. I fell lucky cos I got it half price at Argos, I reckon a good buy.
Yesterday I also bought a new lawn mower, just used it today and its done a good job my lawn looks good, my old one had well passed its sell by date, it didn't owe me anything.

3. Nights Out - I've a few big night outs coming up which I'm sure to spend plenty of money, next Friday I'm out with a few of the lads. The following Friday its out with the old work gang, so some of the ladies informed me today.
Then in the middle of July I've a friends wedding to attend, its one of the people I plat Table Tennis with.

4. Banking - Well I reckon my credit card is getting a bit of stick at present, I'll have to maybe transfer money out of my savings accounts to pay it off.
I'm thinking of going to "Internet Banking" with my accounts so I can transfer money without going into town. Also some of the internet only accounts offer better rates of interest, I've been reading up on it. Does anyone use Internet Banking ? just wondered.

5. Music Choice - For today's song I thought I'd pick a video that reminds me of my school days (I wish), so here is Hot Gossip with "Walk on the Wild Side", same uniform girls at our school wore if I remember correctly.

6 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

George Bush can't see Gorden Ramsey coz GR is over here for international food week!

It's funny that when something in the house needs replacing, suddenly other things start falling apart too huh?

Jenny said...

I use an internet bank and I love it (www.everbankpro.com) It is super convenient, great interest rates, no fees. I have been very happy!

airliebird58 said...

Hiya, sorry to hear about the car, tyres are such an expense aren't they?
I'm with LloydsTSB and have been since I opened an account with the school bank (did you do that? lol) I've signed up to their internet bit and its so easy to set up payment, transfers etc. Now I think they do this for some other banks too, but you can deposit or withdraw at any Post Office, which is very handy, now most branches seem miles away from where you live now!

Mick & Cathy said...

Cactus,
So true all the expenses always seem to come at once.

Jenny,
I think my normal banks do internet banking and the interest rates are higher than the acounts I have.

Airliebird - I actually have a account with Lloyds TSB which I also have had from school. Its only a current account I use for Cheques, Direct Debits, Credit & Debit Cards, speed bank etc. My wages were always paid into there as is my works pension now. Its sort of my using account and I just top it up as and when needed.
My main accounts are with the Halifax, I've savings spread about with them ISA, Pep, Guarenteed reserve & savings account.
I actually opened 3 accounts at the Post Office (best hight street rates) with my redundancy. I split my money 3 ways one where I have access then one for 3 years & one for 5 years. This internet accesible so I can keep my eye on it.

celtic_girl said...

I use internet banking all the time - couldn't do without it now.

It's Murphy's Law once one thing goes everthing else seems to go out in sympathy I think!

TitanThirteen said...

Where are you at already?