Tuesday 10 June 2008

Great Government Decisions - NOT

1. The Economy/house market - Just listening to the news there is great emphasis on the economy in particular the house market, basically nobody is buying so house prices are plummeting in value. Now what confuses me is why the government are confused to the reason people arn't buying, well its fairly obvious the fact that prices have about doubled in the last 10 years I sure has something to do with it.
However I think the government and local councils have been carrying out a policy of building more houses, why I don't know but everywhere I go I see new houses going up and of course there all empty. In fact a lot of housing estates are going up but with no thought to infrastructure, ie, shops, schools, hospitals, etc. I wonder why a lot of these are remaing empty gee talk about crap planning.
These decisions are some of the worst mistakes since the decision to build high rise tower blocks in the seventies (see todays music choice).

2. Environment - I see the City of Manchester look like following Londons example and introducing congestion charges for vehicles in the City limits, how long before all our cities follow suit I don't know. I was reading about it the other day and if you work in Manchester it will cost around £6 per day (£30 per week + £1,560 per year). Of course it will also effect works vehicles, deliveries, etc so will put the cost of everything up to us consumers, what a great way to put already struggling companies out of buisnes, how stupid does this get.
If its really the environment we are thinking about why not a good, clean & cheap public transport system that encourages people to use it. All I see is our railways are about to hike up the prices, f**k me its already too expensive. I can fly to Europe cheaper than a train ride to London.

3. Music Choice - Well a fitting song for todays rants, its a classic from The Jam "The Planners Dream went wrong" -

No comments: