Wednesday 4 June 2008

I'm a idiot

1. Dad - My Dad has been transferred to York District hospital which to be honest isn't in the same league as the place he was in. Anyway I visited this afternoon and he had some washing to do so I brought it home to do. As I was leaving he said I could bring a pair of shoes home for him as he didn't need them. Anyway we got talking and he wated soething out of his toileteries bag so I got it from him.
To cut a long story short I set off home and put the washing in the passenger seat at the side of me, half way home I noticed the bag open and caught a glimpse in, you've guessed it no shoes but the toiletries bag was in. Yes I had his Razer, Tooth Brush & tooth paste, soap, etc and no shoes. Well he needed them so I had to U turn and take them back, I feel such a plonker.
As for his progress they are going to put a camera down his throat Friday then he expects to come home on Saturday.

2. Weight Loss/Fitness - I seem to have been running about all day again, just seems like there isn't enough hours in the day.
Food Intake -
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2 portion Strawberries, 1/2 portion Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange Juice
Lunch - Soup (Tomato), 2*slice of bread.
Mid Afternoon - Coffee, 3*biscuits.
Dinner - Salad (Ham, Lettuce, Tomato, Radish, Celery, Pickled Onion) 1* slice bread.
Supper - Glass of Milk, 2* Crackers with jam.
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

3. American Politics - Looks like Barack Obama has beat Hilary for the Democrat nomination and I know some of my friends do support him. However I'd just like to warn you he reminds me too much of Tony Blair when he came to power here, talks well, promises everything but as absolutely ruined our country (remember we pay $11 per gallon of fuel, Immigration is out of control, unemployment is through the roof, health service can't cope, prisons are full, crime is at all time high, housing market is out of control). For my American friends hope I'm wrong but if he wins the election I fear the worst for you. Strange coincidence like Blair and his wife Obama and his other half are both lawyers I believe.

4. Music Choice - For tonights instalment I'm going for the gorgeous Deborah Harry (she used Deborah rather than Debbie during her solo career) not as part of Blondie but the classic from her solo career "I want that Man". Its not hard to see why I had a crush on her in my teenage years is it, total quality this video.

2 comments:

airliebird58 said...

Hope your Dad is given the all clear. It's a shame he couldnt have stayed in the Bupa place isn't it?
As you know I completely agree with you about Obama. Because people are so desperate for change they're not looking past his glamorous exterior. I couldn't bloody stand Blair, and to me he and Obama are 2 peas in the same pod. Of course I could be talking a lot of tripe, in fact the odds are I am lol

Mick & Cathy said...

Airliebird,
You can definately see the difference in the two hospitals.
Obama just reminds me of a used car salesman, just wouldn't trust him. If he gets the Presidency it will be interesting to see the US situation in 3/4 years time.
Trouble is if its anything like Blairs policies a lot will be unreversable.