Thursday 19 June 2008

European Championships

Footie - For all of you that don't know the European Football Championships have been taking place in Switzerland & Austria over the last couple of weeks. This tournament is 2nd only to the World Cup and you may ask why I haven't been posting about it, the answer is simple England f****d up and didn't even qualify.
Anyway tonight its reached the last eight and it becomes a knock out competition from here so I thought I'd give my expert (lol) opinion on the outcome.
Germany v Portugal - Despite Portugal looking good I'm hoping Germany (and I don't say that often) win this one. Why because Portugal have that little shite Cristiano Ronaldo the biggest cheat, poser, cry baby, etc in world soccer and a Scum player as well. Some people reckon he is the best player in the world not me though but you judge for yourself -


Croatia v Turkey - Gotta support Croatia in this one mainly because I just hate Turks (Leeds fans do, murdering b*****s) they shouldn't even be in a European tournament, Istanbul is in asia. Croatia is a newish nation and I love their attitude, total patriots every player runs themselves into the ground for the cause and their fans with their passion are something else. Always rated their manager Bilic when he played in the English league good no nonsence centre half.

Holland v Russia - Its hard to argue against Holland been the team of the tournament so far and their supporters have travelled in large numbers but look so stupid in orange tango suits. I watched Russia beat Sweden last night to reach this stage and they were impressive, just all out attack, a young squad I reckon will have to be watched in the next World Cup.

Maybe Holland will have too much quality for them but one thing about Holland is there history shows they self destruct in major tournaments, too many players with big egos spend a few weeks in a hotel together and they start to fall out with each other.

So I'm supporting Russia in this one well they do play in white.


Spain v Italy - Along with Holland, Spain have looked excellent with their fast passing game and in contrast Italy have struggled to reach this stage. Howver Spain have flattered before only to crash out they remind me of England everyone expects them to win but they fall short. However in the past Spain have had great attacking options but always looked dodgy at the back. From what I've seen they have toughend up and are much harder to beat.

Saying all that I'm going for Italy because history say's if the Italians start a tournament badly, sneak through they go on to win it just look at the last world cup. I think a lot depends if Luca Toni finds his shooting boots this player get himself in great positions but misses too many, I've a feeling like his side he'll come good when it matters.


No comments: