Monday 16 June 2008

New Pool Season

1. Pool - Tonight we start the Pool summer league but I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it. As its only the fun summer league the committee have decided to experiment with a new set of rules, they call them "World Rules" and to be honest I think they are a load of crap. We play English Pool rules and most people prefer them apart from a few on the committee. Anyway the other week was the presentation for the main league (winter) and my team won the 2nd division so we are up with the big boys next season, can't wait to lock horns with a few called star players.
The photo below is our team with our trophy's minus a couple of players who were away on presentation night.
2. Feeling Crap - I'm feeling fairly rough at the moment, I think its part to do with the fact I did my first TT taining session of the summer on Saturday, it was a all day (6 hour session) and my back & legs ache from it. I'm actually training again in the morning so that will be tough I'm sure but will help the weight loss.
The other night I had a few ants in the living room so I went around the carpet with some ant killer aerosol, it seems to have done the trick with the ants but I think I got some of the fumes, I got a headache and a sore throat but am improving now.

3. In the News today - Did you see the article about the Italian bloke who dragged his ex girlfriend out of the Pub to do his ironing & washing up, what a star. Trouble is he is getting charged with kidnap. -
" ROME (Reuters) - An Italian man was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend from a pub, taking her home and forcing her to iron his clothes and wash the dishes, police said on Monday.
The 43-year-old man dragged the woman out of a pub in the port city of Genoa, shoved her into a car and took her to his home where he made her iron and wash dishes after threatening her, they said.
Police arrived at his house after being tipped off by a friend of the woman who watched the scene at the pub.
The man, who was apparently furious at his ex-girlfriend for leaving him, was arrested on charges of kidnapping, police said".

4. George W Bush - My American friends I see we have your President over here at the moment, he met the Queen the other day which must have been nice for him to meet somebody important. In fact he is the 7th President during Lizzies reign. He's also met Gordon Brown our PM and persuaded us to send more troops to Afganistan. I actually judge this as a far more important war than Iraq, this is definately a terrorist state and needs turning around. I am now certain Iraq was purely about Oil.
I saw the other day that our troops destroyed a world record amount of drugs, that can only be a good thing because the drugs imported from this part of the world does not only fund terrorism it destroys lives here and is responsible for so much crime in our country.

5. Music Choice - How about this one, how many people can you name on this clip, its a total who's who of Rock'n'roll, soul, blues, R & B, check it out. Jerry, Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, BBKing, James Brown, Bo Diddley, Little Richard, plus many more.

4 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

I wish i could play competition pool again. Unfortunatly it requires spending a lot of time in the pub and i can't do that. One, because i'm a mum, and two, because i'm a booze hag if let loose on the booze! lol Aawwww it's not funny, i really wanna play! :o/

Ha Ha for feeling those muscles! You should have been keeping up the game instead of slackening off during the off season!

President Bush needs to meet with Gorden Ramsey, that's what. Not to learn how to run a restaurant, but he needs to be "told" by someone a bit more forcefull than Dr. Phil lol

celtic_girl said...

I saw Georgie boy with Lizzie on the news. I suppose he's getting n a visit before he leaves. I agree with you re Afghanistan and Iraq. Oil is the new gold!

Fairy Mae said...

Ahhh The art of Pool! I love it, just can't play it and if I do, I can't drink and play. I lose my concentration. Guess that comes with being a blonde! haha

Mick & Cathy said...

Cactus,
I know what you mean its impossible to play Pool without the booze, lol.

Celtic,
Yes Oil is the new gold but watch over the next 10 to 20 years. There are more Oil reserves under the Antartic than in the middle east, they are close to the technology to start retrieving it. Now I wonder what the Falklands War was about, sure it couldn't be just the sheep.

Fairy Mae,
Thanks for visiting my blog.