Friday 13 June 2008

National Security

1. Idiots - Yes idiots are running the country I am sure, weve been hearing so much about the 42 days to contain terror suspects and how concerned our present regime are about national security. Then what hits the news "A top security official leaves important papers concerning Al Queada on a public train" Of course to make sure peoples attention weren't drawn to them they were in a bright orange folder.
Of course the numpty that left them has been rightly suspended from his job but to me other questions are left unanswered. a) Why did these papers have to leave HQ b) Why was he travelling on public transport with such important items.
Surely there is something wrong with the system but who is surprised with the muppets running the country.

2. Petrol Crisis - At least it looks like the cost of re-fuelling my car is not gonna be a problem cos the garages are gonna run out. The tanker drivers are going on strike so the garages are likely to run out. Of course the government are saying don't panic which sort of makes everyone rush out to fill up their cars making the problem worse.
I was almost sympathetic with the tanker drivers until I saw what salary they are on £32k basic and have been offered a 7.5% rise. Gee tanker drivers is the best of the driving jobs, its the hardest to get.

3. Weight Loss/Fitness - I'm starting TT training this weekend which will be a step in the right direction towards fitness. Our season doesn't start until September but I'm aiming for a good summers training in preparation.
I mentioned a few weeks ago I was feeling very unfit and was concerned my rested pulse rate was high at 78bpm. Well even though I haven't done a lot of fitness training by eating sensibly its come down to 68bpm as of today so I reckon thats good. I'm a believer pulse rate is a good guide to cardio-vascular health.
As for eating my days are quite balanced breakfast is usually Weetabix with blueberries & strawberries, lunch is usually soup with 2 slices of bread (I've changed from white to wholegrain). I sometimes have a coffee with biscuits in the afternoon as a treat. I make dinner my main meal which can be anything from a salad to meat with vegetables. I must admit I haven't got out of grabbing a quick snack late at night though, just can't do it.
Any other snacks if any throughout the day are always fruit and I'm drinking loads of water.

4. Music Choice - Here is a classic with 4 great guitarists BB King, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy & Jimmy Vaughan with "Rock me Baby"

4 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

You are posting faster than i can keep up! lol

People are losing confidence in our new prime minister too. He's great at making speaches, and he has done some fantastic things during his short time in office. But the petrol price increase, food inflation, and morgage rate rises are freaking people out!

airliebird58 said...

I thought exactly the same thing about the dossier on the train debacle. How the hell was it doing out of a secure building? I'm sure the employee who is under suspension will be getting paid as well, I wonder if he will get the sack? I wouldn't hold my breath!

ArleneWKW said...

Muppets running the country is an interesting description. Unfortunately it describes the current U.S. administration as well as the Calif. state government as well. As for the price of gas, the current U.S.prices are making many of us rethinks our travels. I've been driving hubby's Prius more and my own Camry less. It sounds like you're giving physical fitness more focus again. A late night snack doesn't have to be fattening.

Mick & Cathy said...

Cactus,
The money problems seem to be spread around the world, similar things are happening everywhere.

Airlie,
I agree he'll be getting paid and end up with a written warning. I see its happend again on a different train this week, amazing isn't it.

Arlene,
Cost of Fuel as been a deciding point over here for most people buying cars, most are going for smaller more economicle models.