Monday 2 June 2008

Not Coming home yet

1. Dad - Well my dads hip operation as gone well so far he is getting quite mobile albeit on sticks and I was expecting him to be coming home either tonight or in the morning.
However things have gone slightly wrong, he has eaten someting that disagreed with him and was sick last night. He does suffer from Gall stones and his attacks have worsened recently, its usually caused by eating fatty foods and he's blaming a Shepherds Pie he had in hospital. This attack as been quite severe so the hospital are quite concerned and wont release him until he is better. He has had tests to prove this is the cause and tonight he is having a scan to see if the stones are causing a blockage. I've an aweful feeling they are going to suggest surgery.
So for the time been my visiting of both parents looks set to continue.

2. Weight Loss/Fitness - Again no time for proper exercise I've been dashing about all day, my mother needed two visits today, and the traffic to and from York was really busy so my Dads visit meant about 4 hours. I visited my Mum this morning as planned got home was about to get something for lunch and the nurse at the home phoned, my Mum needed some medicine she had at home so another trek for me.
One thing I'm keeping my Food intake sort of in control, todays intake :-
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2 portion Strawberries, 1/2 portion Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange Juice
Lunch - Soup (Oxtail), 2*slice of bread.
Dinner - Chicken, Roast Potatos & mixed Veg (Broccoli, Carrots, Peas, Cauliflower, Sprouts), Grilled Tomato.
Supper - Glass of Milk.All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

And while I'm on I've been asked what Weetabix that I have for breakfast is (ty Regina). I was quite amazed that they are not well known in the US because they have been about years over here, they are very common. I think they are maybe starting to appear in US stores because Jenny thought she had seen them recently.
Here is a weetabix advert from UK Television

Anyway they are basically a large Wheat biscuit but containing iron & Vitamins, they also are good for fibre are low in fat & salt. A normal serving of two is 127calories for those counting. Many people put warn or cold milk on them but I use hot water. Other things that people do is have them with fruit on top can be anything really but I use Strawberries & Blueberries cos they help fight Gout which I'm known to suffer from.

3. Music Choice - Only one person I'm gonna post today and thats the legendary Bo Diddley (The Originator) who has sadly passed aged 79years.

2 comments:

Meow Meow said...

No tribute to Yves who died as BoDiddley? I figured in England there would be a HUGE uproar about it!

Sorry sbout dad, many prayers are with you..

I'm just lazy as hell and not feeling much like blogging daily...but know you are loved!

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi Rebecca,
Nice to hear from you, I was getting worried where you had gone.