Tuesday 24 June 2008

Raring to Go

1. Training - Tonight I'm gonna resume Table Tennis training as I'm raring to go. My Elbow although still swollen is on the mend its not painfull so I need to get in training. Obviously I'll have to be a bit careful not to agravate it but I'm optimistic it will be ok. Of course it'll do my fitness good, I'm hoping to put a lot of work in this summer, I'm planning a good season.
I'm building up for my first tournament in late August in Halifax, its a veterans tournament and the standard is usually very high.

2. Weight Loss - I think I'm maintaining so far this summer, to be honest lack of exercise has been my big negative. I've eaten more or less to plan so if I can now up the exercise I'm sure I'll start to dump a few pounds.

3. Holidays - I was looking at maybe taking a trip somewhere in early September but at present flight prices are sky high, think its to do with the Oil price. However I'm checking and if I can find a deal I'll take a trip I'm sure.

4. Smoking - Our Government have come up with another classic, they are going to give people money to stop smoking as its a burdon on the health service. They are only experimenting and just going to trial it in Dundee (surprisingly thats where our Prime Mnister Gordon Brown is from).
What do I think of giving my money that I've paid in tax to people if they promise to stop smoking is another example of how stupid the people running the country are.

5. Music Choice - We'll have some classic Beatles today with "Long and winding road", superb song.

3 comments:

airliebird58 said...

This smoking thing is a load of old tripe! We all know smoking is bad for you and it is better to give up, but the argument that it is a drain on the NHS is a bit rich considering all the extra taxes smokers pay for the privilege. When everyone does give up and stops drinking because of high prices etc, where will they get the extra taxes? Ahh that where global warming comes in!

ArleneWKW said...

I think I'll start smoking again and move to Dundee. I used to smoke a number of decades ago, but I got ripped off. No one paid be to quit. I'm glad you are back on track with your eating. It seems like doing exercise is key for you (and me).

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Wow, your government REALLY cares about you if they want you to stop smoking so much. We in the U.S. are still in the grip of a tobacco industry that won't let go.