Thursday 5 June 2008

Inflation ?

1. Inflation - Reading this mornings newspaper I was interested to read an article saying Food prices have gone up 6% over the last year which was twice the rate of inflation which is running at 3%. Now me just been a normal citizen started to wonder, I know Diesil for my car as gone up enormous amounts, I know Electricity & Gas have gone up significantly more than 3%, I know Beers & Cigs (I don't smoke but a lot do) have gone up much more than 3 %, I know my council tax & water rates have gone up more than 3%.
Now can someone please tell me what they f*****g use to calculate inflation cos this government is no longer a joke its gone beyond that.

2. Weight Loss - I've eaten ok today again I reckon -
Breakfast - 2*Weetabix, 1/2 portion Strawberries, 1/2 portion Blueberries, 1/2pint Orange
Juice
Mid Morning - Apple
Lunch - Soup (Italian Chicken, Tomato & Red peppers), 2*slice of bread.
Mid Afternoon - Coffee, 2*biscuits.
Dinner - Jacket Potato & Spaggetti
Supper - I'm actually out at a meeting tonight, I'll probably have a couple of beers, I'll be in the car so it'll be no more.
All drinks throughout the day other than those mentioned have been water.

3. Music Choice - For todays pick I'm going for the George Harrison classic "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", this was always one of my favorite Beatles songs but this is Georges solo version.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I hear ya about inflation. Our gas prices went from $2.80 this time last year, to $4.30 now. It is practically double!! I can't wait to get some solar panels on the house to help save us on the utility bill!

Mick & Cathy said...

Jenny,
Yes not sure when it'll end, the only thing going down over here is house prices thats cos people can't afford to buy nd they've built too many. Suggest recession looming to me.

TitanThirteen said...

Our inflation has gone through the roof on everything over the last 2-3 years - It's getting really expensive just to live!