Friday 30 March 2012

Running on empty

Thats my car not me, the fuel gauge is down on the red so I'm not taking it out of the garage unless absolutely necessary. I'd fill it up but because there is a threat (i said threat, nothing certain) that the tanker drivers may go on strike so the whole contry as gone into panic mode and the queue's at the petrol stations are a joke.
Well I'm not queueing, anyway on priniple those of us that can manage without our cars should let those who need their vehicles for work get some fuel.
The queue at my local fill up actually shut the main road into town, a lot of sad people about i think, apparently petrol sales nationally are up by 173%, and even if their is a strike 5 days notice will be given.

Sadly was planning go to the footie tomoz but unless common sense prevails(or all the panickers have finished) i wont be able to go, still will check maybe tonight or in the morning in the hope it isn't like the last two days.

2 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Very good of you to refrain from panic buying when other people are doing so. I hope you are able to get to the game.

Mick & Cathy said...

Yes the union have said they have no intention of striking in the immediate future and are in talks. Seems to have stopped the panic buying after 3 days of chaos