Saturday 3 March 2012

Frustrated

Must admit I'm really frustrated ant the moment due to a persistant knee problem, I twisted my left knee back in November which took quite awhile to mend and is now feeling great. However its my right knee giving me a lot of grief, its very swollen and painful and think its gout related.
Think I set it off by over compensating the origional injury it keeps improving but then I seem to aggravate it and have bad days. Last couple of days have been really bad, think I mde it worse when gardening, can't even get comfy in bed and haven't had much sleep so real grumpy.
I know from experience it'll clear up anytime you just cant tell, hate taking the anti inflammetry pills cos they make me feel crap.

Got some bad news the other day one of my cousins is in hospital and isnt expected to pull through, although quite sad its self inflicted with drink and cigs, shes been on a downhill path quite awhile now.

As I said earlier got out in the garden trimmed a hedge, did some weeding and gave the lawn its first cut of 2012, seems spring is very early this year. Actually enjoyed been outside cos been very depressed of late, I know I've not been myself but it was good to be in the fresh air have a chat with a few neighbours.

Gonna have some paint work done, hate painting so had a friend from TT who is in the trade have a look, he's gonna do it for me. Also have a little conservitory which the wood is rotting and one of the neighbours who is a joiner is gonna rebuild for me in the summer.

In fact I'm getting a few jobs planned, thinking I'm gonna stay here for the time been, have been onsdering moving to somewhere small but its such a good area and the loals are great.

2 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

It's funny that spring is early there. We've had a VERY mild and wet summer. In fact i can count the amount of hot days we had on one hand! We'll probably get snowed in during autumn. What happened to global warming? lol

I hear ya with the knee. I got hit by a car when i was 8 months pregers with Rose. One of the headlights shattered into my knee, severing lots of nerves & just made an overall mess [It's only by the grace of God that i got out of that with my legs!] And every winter that one knee gives me awful curry! Not much i can do with it either.
Perhaps your doctor can offer something different to take?
I hope your cousin is ok and this hospital stay is the wake up calls she needs.

Mick & Cathy said...

Well it must have been one of our driest februarys on record we are on the verge of a drought, resovoirs are at record lows for the time of year. Saying that I write this with rain pouring down, lol.
Yeh think i'm resigned to life with joint pain been prone to gout just try to eat the right stuff and do the right things to minimise it.
They didn't expect my cousin to pull through the operation but she still there, but doesn't look great thats for sure.