Tuesday 13 March 2012

End of a Generation

Just heard the sad news this morning that my Uncle Stan as passed away, ok he was in his 90's so had a good innings. However its sad because he's the last of a generation thats all my aunties and uncles gone.

He was my Dads older brother actually lived in Hull most of his life, back in his working days he ran a barge when thats how goods were transported in this country.

Along with my Dad he was one of (i think) about 10  kids, spanning something like a 40 year age gap, i didn't ever meet some of the older ones and think at least one died as a child, I knew 7 of them.
Mum was youngest of 4 and the last to go from her side.

Obviously its over to my generation now, i've loads of cousins but to be fair most are older than me, some by quite a lot, in fact some of their kids are nearer my age.

Life goes on.

RIP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle, Mick. I have slowly been losing my uncles over the years. Still have 5 uncles and 7 aunties though plus heaps of cousins like you. I joined facebook last year so I have been keeping in touch with some cousins that I haven't seen for years! SHARLENE