Tuesday 26 June 2012

Frustration

Must admit I'm now getting really frustrated with the pain in my joints, there are some signs of improvement but its still making it difficult to do things i want.

Did get out and cut the lawn yesterday, wasn't great fun and took twice as long as normal but it needed doing. Got a bit of weeding to do but my knees are swollen so its difficult to bend down prob give it a go tomoz.
I'm certainly losing a lot of sleep just can't get comfy in bed most nights. In fact at times its been a effort just to move or walk about.

I'm eating the right stuff and think its starting to work some signs of improvement are there, so maybe got to stay positive but its very depressing at time, had about as much as i can take now.

Yesterday went for a blood test, will get results in a couple of days so maybe it will tell us something, bit nervous never know what they'll find.

I'm still determined to lose weight and so far so good but its not easy when you can't exercise, still lets hope tomorrows weigh in shows another positive result.

Did have a lovely sunday lunch this week, Mandy cooked for me for the first time, she made a real effort to provide everthing i liked and it was cooked to perfection. We then had a nice afternoon just cuddled up on her sofa watching tv, enjoyed it so much.

Well England went out in Euros actually drew with Italy but lost the penalty shoot out, to be fair they deserved it was the better team.

Talking sport Wimbledon as started and I'm a bit worried about the rain forecast in case Cliff gives us a song or two, lol.



3 comments:

Enz said...

Just keep hanging in and doing the right things.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, I'm sorry to hear you're in such pain. If the "right things" aren't working, try some different right things. Only you can tell what makes you feel better. Experiment with eliminating different foods and beverages. You'll figure it out. You're experimenting on your own body and that process takes time, but don't give up. Keep trying different things til you find what reduces your pain.

Mick & Cathy said...

Enz,
Thanks

Reg,
Sort of doing what you say, things are definately improving, I'll get there.
I'm just frustrated because I want to be doing a lot more exercise and its just been impossible.
Still as i say I can se/feel some improvement so going to start doing a few things and see how it goes.