Saturday 9 June 2012

Come on England

As you all know I'm a big football fan so am pleased the European championships have started. Everyone knows club wise I'm a big fan of Leeds but I'm also a patriot and love to see England do well, many years ago (70's & 80's) I used to go to all the internatioal matches and to be honest miss it sometimes. It was a great period of my life following Club and country home and away.

Still I'll be right behind England when they play France on Monday watching on the TV, many are writing our chances off in fact I've never known such little expectation for a England because of our inexperienced squad but I've a sneaking people they'll surprise a few.

On another note I've just found out one of my all time music heroes Ray Davies (former Kinks front man) is playing York Barbican on 12th August. Gutted its the day I fly to Austria would have loved to have gone. Davies is recognised by many as one of the best British songwriters of all time and his music as been covered by many top acts.

Away playing TT at Nottingham tomorrow, got a tough section so should get a good work out, not expecting miracles because not trained enough but a few hard games will do me good. Glad got it on because its been a boring last couple of days, did get in the garden and cut lawn this morning bt the weather hasn't been great recently, seems to rain every day.

No comments: