Sunday 1 January 2012

Here we go again

Well thats 2011 over and as you all know its not been the greatest for me with both parents passing away. Suppose as a only child its now me against the world and this is the first year of the rest of my life.

I always set my aims each year and I've just been reading my last years post on the same subject, quite interesting :-
Weight Loss - Last year I was a couple of month into a new campaign and did quite well for a few months but events took their toll and my plans went onto the back burner. Still I can report I'm actually lighter today than I was at the start of 2012, ok only by 6lb but its better than i expected. Current weight is 224lb and i aim to kick on as you'll see in my "weight loss wednesday" posts starting this week.

My Sport - My target last year was to get my golf handicap down from 16 to 10, didn't achieve this thats for sure in fact I hardly played (despite paying my membership fees). The main reason was due to dating on top of a few injuries. Gotta decide whether I want to play and renew my membership in June, need maybe to play a few rounds in winter/spring to see if its what i want to do.
Still obviously playing TT but seem to be getting a lot of trouble with my knee, maybe I need to cut down on things i play in.
Also playing Pool but to be honest I'm getting a bit stale with all the sports, maybe its just to do with this years events or maybe I need a new challenge and sould take something else up. Saying that I've many friends in my sports so probably wont.

 Sport - Was hoping my team Leeds United would get promotion to the Premiership but it wasn't to be, just missed out on play offs by one place so the wish is the same, was going ok but recent form hasn't been great and but still within touching distance of the play offs. Injuries to key players are having a effect so some investment in the january transfer window is needed, not holding my breath though.

Dating - Last year i said the time was right for me to get back into the dating game and at easter I met Paula and we spent much of the year together but we've decided to go our seperate ways, not that we've fallen out but just simply we have different priorities in life at present. We are still good friends and I'm ve fond of her. I dont think the door is totally closed if circumstances change further down the line and neither of us meet someone else in the meantime.
Still I'm not sat here feeling sorry for myself or trying to turn the clock back, I'm back in the hunt as they say (so watch this space).

Travel - Set my target of adding 6 new places to my travel map and achieved this I think (Mallorca, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Cyprus [Paphos, Nicosia & Limassol) and the French Alps [Annecy & Chamonix) so hopefully I'll add a few more this year.

Blogging - Did say I'd blog more which I think I did and don't aim to stop. Sadly a few of my blog friends have called it a day but I intend staying around.

Hope everyone who reads my blog has a great 2012.

1 comment:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

I wish you the best in 2012, Mick. And I'm hanging in there with you as a continuing blogger!