Wednesday 18 January 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday - Consistency

For the 2nd week running I've lost 2lbs so quite happy with that considering I've been feeling quite depressed of late (see previous post).

Start Weight (4th Jan)      - 225lb
11th Jan                          -  223lb
Weight Today (18th Jan) - 221lb

Yesterday I visited the Cemetery to Mums & Dads Grave, wasn't going to go until the Stone was up but just had the urge to go. Met a couple of old neighbours down there, they lived 2 doors away when i grew up and it was good to chat with someone, it helped me.
Also walking home I bumped into a ex workmate, had another good chat.

Think when down in the dumps you need people, in the past I've been the sort that others bring their problems to, I just not good at asking for help myself.

Been up to one of my closest cousins "M" today, just for another chat and to get out the house, really just updating her with things that are happening (most of them) and how I've been feeling. But that led to more bad news, found out her husband has had a couple of minor strokes and been in hospital. He was home and was fine but off back for more tests this afternoon.

Last couple of nights a lady friend from down south as talked to me fo a good hour on the phone, think it helped me a lot, it does help to communicate with others (including the emails and texts i've recieved from online friends).
The friend is someone I met on a holiday and dated a couple of times well before I met Paula, we get on well and always have a laugh, actually like similar things especially when it comes to travel and holidays . Think distance we live apart was the main reason we didn't keep seeing each other, also at the time she wanted more commitment and with the distance I thought it could only be a casual thing.

Strange thing my split with Paula its opposite way round now with me sort of wanting commitment (think I fallen for her big time) but she not at a stage in her life where she feels its possible.
It great I can still be good friends with both but no reason not to be, and who knows where the future will take me.

1 comment:

TitanThirteen said...

Consistancy is good.
I wish i lived closer to my mums grave, but she is 12 hours away :o/