Monday 23 January 2012

Exciting times ahead

Of course I'm still a bit down but feel I'm now starting to focus on my future and what I'm going to do with the rest of my life.

Don't think any of my readers will be surprised to hear it will involve travel its a big world and there is a lot I still want to see. Well the big news on this front is I've booked one of my dream holidays, I'm going to do the historic Route 66, yes Chicago to LA all 2,000 miles. Its not while October and its with a Singles group but you'll certainly be hearing more about this.



Not stopping there either going to Portugal (Lisbon)in March and looking at doing other places around europe(Berlin for one appeals to me) throughout the year. I have a few air miles so that will save a bit of money.

Also want to do at least one more singles holiday but don't know whether I should class that as holidays or dating (lets face it the hunt is now on, lol).

On the dating side of things I've finally come to terms with splitting with Paula, have been in a bit of self denial to be honest, hadn't told many people but thats now resolved.

Of course I'm still sad about it but at least we are still very good friends and will do things together (next friday off for a meal with her workmates). Want to also do something special for her birthday, lets just say plans are in motion. We had a good talk and stuff on Sunday, sort of how we feel, think part of both of us maybe wishes we were still together, know i do.
Sure we could eventually get back together people may suggest, well who knows we may both look elsewhere and realise together is best. The again either or both of us may find someone else, I really do hope she finds genuine happiness even if it cant be with me and would most definately bring out my jealous side.

I'd will add I don't normally believe in going back over old ground but the way we've split is purely down to circumstances and we still are geuine good friends that care about each other, we will do things together, it sort of leaves the door ajar.

Still we will now both go our own ways and have a look out there hopfully both eventually finding the right person, I for one wont be jumping straight into a commited relationship (dating on the rebound isn't right) but will date, meals out, laugh, etc, in fact already planned a weekend with the lady I mentioned in my last post. Can't really see it been long term serious relationship given the distance apart we live but dating is fun and while I'm single why not. We both have no ties and like travel may even holiday together to cut down on costs, still thats maybe for future and as we know a lot can happen, one weekend with me and she'll prob run away, lol.

Also considering joining one of the social networks dating site, just sort of put my profile there and see what happens. You never know what'll pop up.

Here is a song that sort of represents the way I'm feeling its the Rolling Stones with "Mixed Emotions" :-

No comments: