Monday 4 April 2011

Not much fun

First I'm pleased to report I was successful in retaining my Mens Singles, Veterans and handicap at this years local table tennis championships but it wasn't much fun.

Saturday I got a stomach bug and spent most of the night sat on the toilet was also sick a couple of times, did think about pulling out of the competition but decided to take some anti-diarrhea tablets and give it a go. It was a long day I'll admit, didn't eat all competition just drank water but still managed to get the right result in the end.

I'm still a bit queezy but eating ok, sort of getting appetite back, think whatever bug I'd caught I somewhat sweated it out.

On another note since I've lost a few pounds I've noticed how much my fitness levels have improved, certainly I'm feeling much quicker around court and usually I ache for a couple of days after all day tournaments today my muscles are fine no stiffness at all. Another thing always go knee pain (soreness) after playing a lot on hard sports hall floors but my knees are just great. I actually feel with just losing a stone and half I've turned the clock back 10 years plus with my playing standard, just wondering what another couple of stone off will do for me.

3 comments:

Sandii said...

Mick - as if I'm not jelous enough that you have been so great at losing and now you tell me you feel younger, just as I was thinking, man I'm feeling old! I know it's the weight, ahhhhh now it's really out there and I have to face it and perhaps even do something about it... I'm getting nervous! lol

Well done on your tournament and I certainly hope the bug is completely gone sooner rather than later!!! Nothing worse :-(

Take care - keep up the fluids!
x

Mick & Cathy said...

San,
Can't really explain why the weight loss is going so well this time but I feel so determined to succeed.
Maybe its just the right time or maybe just the fact that I've set a attainable target (1lb per week).
I've kept my eating reasonably sensible but not without treats but the thing I've pushed most is the amount of physical work I'm doing, I've definately upped my fitness and its not just the weight loss but there is still room for a lot more improvement on both accounts.

When you feel ready I'm sure you'll also have a success story to tell.

Sandii said...

ahh Mick, you're so good to me! you know me too well, i completely have to be in the right head space and i'm so glad for you that you are there! keep up the awesome work, the slower the better when it comes to losing because it stays off!

i do need to get something sorted though, i feel the weight i've lost over the last 2 years sneaking back on, well some of it has jumped on over night, lol but i want to stay under my 'alert' weight so i don't get there and go, AHHHHHHHHHHH panic stations!

exercise is important to me, my injuries of late have cost me dearly but today i'm making a call to a personal trainer to set me up a program to get me strong again. not skinny. strong!

you take care xxx