Sunday 5 October 2008

Sleep Patterns

Recently I've noticed my sleep patterns are changing and to be honest I don't know why. In the past irrespective of what time I went to bed (usually between 10pm & midnight) I would wake around 7.30am.
Things seem to have changed the funny thing despite been tired I am finding myself waking in the early hours between 4.30am & 5am for no apparent reason. I don't have a problem getting back to sleep but then I don't wake until 8.30am, it just seems strange to me.
Any ideas why this is happening ?

6 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

As the years accumulate, they do nasty things to us, including messing up our sleep patterns. Or . . . . ? I don't know. I rejoice when I actually fall asleep quickly and wake up easily at around 7:30 a.m. All to often, I have massive trouble falling asleep and/or staying asleep.

Jenny said...

Do you have a lot on your mind? Sometimes that causes me to wake up early..like my mind is whirring all night long.

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
It could be my age.

Jenny,
I know what you mean, sometimes if I can't shut my brain down I can't sleep but don't think that is the reason at present.
It seems to have happend since my last US trip, don't think I've got back in the time zone.

airliebird58 said...

In the last couple of years my sleep patterns have gone to pot. It's a good night indeed without not waking up. I usually find it hard to get to sleep initially too, my brain wont shut down for some reason. Some nights I wake up in 2 hours interval.
It must be age methinks. It is said you need to sleep less as you get older.

Fairy Mae said...

I find my sleep patterns change with the seasons.....and too when I have lots on my mind....which sucks when that happens!

TitanThirteen said...

My sleeping habits go up and down without me changing anything in my lifestyle. What about stress?