Sunday 12 October 2008

More Effort Needed

Decided its about time I had another push with the weight loss, gonna start tomorrow by strictly counting the calories, I think initially I'm gonna aim at an average of 1,200 calories a day and see how it goes.

As i don't want to be too stringent with myself, I'm also gonna allow myself up to 10 beers per week on top of the above calorie count (less than 2 per day).

I'm aiming to exercise on a regular basis so I'll have to see if my calorie targets are right for me, time will tell.

Obviously if it isn't working I'll alter my allowances, but the main thing is I start with a plan.

I'll post my progress.


On a different note I'm a bit p****d off, I usually get selected for one of the Yorkshire Veteran (over 40's) teams at Table Tennis in the county championships. I was informed that I had been moved down to a lower division because some new players had come of age, this is fine with me, not my problem.
However the first round of matches is next week and I haven't heard a thing, I'll be dissapointed if I'm not selected at all, maybe they are just late letting people know but I fear I'm just not in the click.

2 comments:

celtic_girl said...

So how many calories a day would you be having after allowing for the 2 beers per day?

Re your last post, yes I would consider a long distance relationship. but I suppose it depends on how long - ar ewe talking about the same country or abroad?

Mick & Cathy said...

Celtic,
200cals per pint so that would add another 2,000cals spread over the week. That means my average would be under 1,500cals per day.
To be honest I'm considering making 1,500 my target (with or without any beer)then any drinks would have to only be allowed if I had eaten well.

Same country to answer your 2nd question.