Wednesday 15 October 2008

Day Three - Still going strong

Still maintaining my "No More than 1,200 calories" food control plan. Ok I feel slightly hungry at times but my body has to aclimatise to this and the intake is quite low.

Exercise is also important and the rain held off this morning so I could get my daily long walk in.

Thinking other exercise would help me burn off calories I found this :-

Calorie-burning activities
Proper weight control cannot be attained by dieting alone; however, many people who are engaged in sedentary occupations do not realize that calories can be burned by the hundreds by engaging in strenuous activities that do not require much (or any) physical exercise.
Here's the guide to calorie-burning activities and the number of calories per hour they consume.

Beating around the bush . . . . . . . . .75
Jumping to conclusions . . . . . . . . .100
Climbing the walls . . . . . . . . . . .150
Swallowing your pride. . . . . . . . . .50
Passing the buck . . . . . . . . . . . .25
Pushing your luck. . . . . . . . . . .250
Making mountains out of molehills. . .500
Hitting the nail on the head . . . . . .50
Bending over backwards . . . . . . . . .75
Running around in circles. . . . . . .350
Climbing the ladder of success . . . .650

3 comments:

Jenny said...

1200 calories, is that safe? I thought that anything under 1500 was too few. Try not to deprive yourself too much!

Here is a good one that I use at work:

Jumping Through Hoops: 340 calories an hour

Mick & Cathy said...

Its 1,200 average per day but I also allow 10 beers per week on top of this target. 1 beer = 200cal so that puts my average daily calorie intake at around 1,500.

I'll see how it goes for a couple of weeks then re-assess the target amounts.

I'll maybe have to up it slightly when I'm doing competitive sport.

celtic_girl said...

If onlt we could burn that many calories doing senseless things