Monday 27 October 2008

Ok for 5 days

Mt Food intake plan was working ok for the first 5 days of the week :-
Monday - 2458 cals
Tuesday - 1927 cals
Wednesday - 1436 cals
Thursday - 1511 cals
Friday - 1429 cals

Average daily intake for 5 days - 1752 cals

Thats actually below my target of between 1860 & 2360 cals per day which should result in a weekly weight loss of between 1 & 2 pounds.

However I did say for 5 days because over the weekend I'm unsure what my actual intake was but I went away and know it would have been much higher. I was playing Table Tennis in the Veterans British League at Grantham and origionally going to just compete Saturday but was planning to drive there & back. Plans changed mid week when I transferred to a new Club and was selected both days so I decided to stay over. The exercise will have been good but the eating (& drinking) out wont have helped the weight loss.

On the playing side I did well winning 9 of my 10 matches the team was unbeaten winning two but drawing three, we finished the weekend third in the table.

I expect this week to be very similar making my food targets through the week but Friday to Sunday I'm off away for a weekend. I'm actually off to Windsor which is a nice part of the country (hell the Queen has a pad there). Its actually planned with a online friend (from Myspace) we are meeting up and spending the weekend together. I've met her before and we got on well so we decided to have a weekend together, probably 3 days with me she'll get fed up (hope not).

Change of Subject I've just read in the papers that bookings on flights to America from the UK are down 75% which confirms what I said in my last post. The same report says that increases of American tourists coming here are on the increase because its now becoming more financially viable. The weak pound is certainly causing those of us Brits who like to travel a few problems.


5 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Prior to reading your blog, I didn't know about the relative strength of the U.S. dollar vs. the British pound. I have a reasonable understanding re. how the U.S. economy is tanking, but am woefully ignorant of the various exchange rates. Your stat re. travel to the U.S. reveals another way the U.S. is taking a hit. We NEED tourists! Hopefully the financial crisis here in the U.S. and elsewhere will sort itself out (or be sorted out) sooner rather than later or not at all.

Jenny said...

Your calorie intake seems very realistic and I think you are on the right track!

TitanThirteen said...

Good on you for staying on your calorie track so well. You should have a nice loss at that rate.

Have you talked about this "MySpace" freind before? Nice little weekend huh? Are we allowed to be immature and read stuff into that? Oops too late lol

The US dollar is a bit out of wack at the moment. I have to watch what i buy on eBay too. Just bought 3 Lego Spongebob figurines pretty cheap, but converted to Aus dollars they cost me over $30 together...for 3 teeny bits of Lego, ouch!

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Good point that we've definately seen a decline in US visitors over here in recent years. Lukily thats been replaced by European visitors as the Euro as been strong.
Big problem for me is everywhere is getting expensive, but think it'll bounce back a little.

Jenny,
Hopfully

Cactus,
Well its only a 2nd meeting with my friend so its early days but hopfully it'll go well.

TitanThirteen said...

Woohoo good luck. Get some photos :o)