Wednesday 30 January 2008

Weight Loss Update

I've got to be honest here and I'm holding my own, keep gaining and losing the same couple of pound. In general I've eaten reasonably well apart from I still am having a late night snack. In the past when I've been giving the weight loss a push this as been a meal I've been able to cut out. Perhaps its cos my life is a little more steady with not working, I just don't know.

This weekend was a bit of an exception because I played in two Table Tennis competitions, Vets British League on Saturday & York Championships on Sunday. They were long days with a lot of matches and I was really aching on Monday. On sunday I managed to reach 3 finals but only won the Mens Doubles with my partner RM, I was runner up in both the Vets singles to RC who partnered me in losing the Vets doubles, I was disappointed cos I usually beat him but didn't really get my tactics right on the day. With all the exercise you would think I'd lose weight but with me it has the opposite effect because I load up with Food & Sugar Drinks to boost energy. I struggle to get the balance right.

I put on about 4 lbs over the weekend but I've managed to shed it again by this morning. The weather has been decent so I got my 6 mile walk in both Monday & Tuesday, I had some errands to do today so didn't go.

I've been to the Supermarket and got in quite a bit of fruit that I'll use for any between meal snacks over the next week. I got 5 apples, 4 Oranges, Tray of Cherries, 2 trays of blueberries, 6 Bananas & a pineapple.

One thing that mayt not help the weight loss is that I'm off on a night out on Saturday. I'm meeting up with a few old work colleagues it'll be great to see some of "the gang" that I haven't seen for a while. Still can't worry about the weight all the time lifes about enjoyment isn't it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great going Mick. doesn't matter if you have treats and aren't perfect all the time - life changes, not diets!

the exercise is great, you are a star.

i bought a bike last night. went for a ride at 6am this morning, man, i'm unfit when it comes to biking, i did two laps of the little lake and had to walk it home. partly because i was buggered, partly because the seat needs lifting and replacing as it's too small for my butt and it was painful! but i did it. i said i would and i did. also been doing some hard core bouncing on the big tramps out at the beach, they are awesome fun!

hope you're well my friend
xxx
San

TitanThirteen said...

I know how it feels to lose the same pounds over and over. I've been doing it for 6 years! This year is different though. I'm determined to shed what i call, "the jumper/jersey i wear under my skin"! And i haven't gained as yet this year..yay!

Your body will need to settle in to your new life [ie: no job] so don't be too concerned about weight fluctuation :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi San,
Its great hearing from you, hope you are well and Christian is doing good.
I hate Cycling long distances it makes parts a little sore. You definately need a comfortable seat.

Cactus,
Yeh its a little frustrating gaining and losing the same bit of weight. Saying that my gut feeling is I'm doing ok this week, we'll see.