Thursday 17 January 2008

My life

What am upto at present, well the answer is easy not much but I'll give you all a update :-

1. Weight Loss - I reckon I'm eating quite well other than still having the late at night hunger problem when I eat at 9pm, I think part of my problem is because I have my evening meal too early but have to do this cos I don't eat a lot other than small snacks during the day. I'm taking a slightly different approach, rather than trying to avoid eating altogether I'm trying to eat less. I've been having four Crackers with cheese on and am cutting down to two.

2. Vacation - I think most of you will be aware I'm having a long weekend with a couple of mates in Chicago at the end of February but I'm also planning a trip in late April early May, don't know where yet I'm sort of checking prices but I think I'll have some news soon.

3. Work - I've not really been looking too hard for work yet, to be honest I'm just enjoying the break. I'm in no rush unless the right opportunity presents itself otherwise I'll wait until I start getting bored.

4. Sport - Actually got a round of Golf in last week, first time for ages. This week is a wash out though its rained every day and the ground is saturated. Its a sport I haven't had much chance to play much for 2 or 3 years and want to do on a regular basis. I'm aiming to get my handicap into single figures, its 16 at the moment but with lack of play I'm more like a twenty something handicapper.
I'm still playing a lot of TT and we have the York Championships coming up weekend after this one. I'm looking forward to it more than ever cos I missed it last year with injury. I'm still a little unsure whether my Tennis elbow will bother me with so many games (saying that I'll probably lose in first round of everthing). Anyway I could have entered 8 events but have decided to go in only five (Mens Singles, Mens Doubles, Divisional, Veterans Singles and Veterans Doubles), I've not entered either of the hard bat events although I've won them both in the past and I'm also not playing Mixed Doubles as my regular partner is Pregnant (not guilty).

5. Nights Out - Was out last Friday with some ex wormates it was good fun and on Monday went to Pool, all the team was out but we had no league match. We had a few challenge competitions "Speed Pool", "Errors" & a couple of games of "Killer". We play for money and I won the Speed Pool & one of the games of Killer so made a nice little profit (beats working for a living).

6. Shopping - Today I went shopping to the White Rose Centre in Leeds looking for a few things, didn't get what I went for but came home with four CD's for my collection as you do. The CD's I bought were Ray Davies new album "Working Mans Cafe", John Fogerty's new Album "Revival", "Best of Stevie Ray Vaughan" which I'm listening to now (awesome guitar) and Mark Knopfler with Emmalou Harris "Roadrunning".

5 comments:

Jenny said...

You are on the right track with portion control. I do the same thing. Instead of not eating anything, I have what I want, but just a smaller bit of it.

airliebird58 said...

Glad to hear that you're taking some time to chill. It will do you good to have work pressures off youshoulders for a while.
Are you thinking of another trip to the US in April?

TitanThirteen said...

I haven't heard of those pool games. You might have to enlighten me :o)

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Thats my theory, I'll see how it goes.

Airliebird,
I'm gettting a lot of outstanding stuff done, its certainly created some time.
I'm thinking of a trip late April/early May if I can get a good deal.

Cactus,
Speed Pool - Basically as it says, set the Balls up then against the Clock clear the balls any order as quick as possible, fastest time wins.
Errors - Break off and the first ball you pot you then clear all that set, then the other set followed by the Black. Everytime you miss a pot or foul you get a error, who as least errors wins.
Killer - Everyone as 3 lives and you play alternately and you must pot a ball (any) if not you lose a life. When all 15 balls are down
you just set up again and carry on till only one person is left with any lives and he takes the money. I should add you get two shots from a break off if required.

Meow Meow said...

YOu are out on the town and your are shopping...eh? DId I have any influence on those splendid ideas??? I can hope.

The job front, if money is not an issue by ALL means enjoy some time off for all of us. I have a three day weekend starting in 2 hours and I am beginning to count down the minutes. OMG

ALthough, I have nothing but rest, sleep and cleaning in mind. I do have college work to do and papers to grade for work....But my guy is going to Mississippi for the weekend, so I get some DOWN time just for me...which I desperately deserve and NEED.

AMen?