Friday 25 January 2008

Speed Blog

1. Just been to the dentist for a check up, got the all clear which is always good. However he did take x-rays to see under the gum line which he does every so many visits. Waiting for result of that but I'm not expecting anything wrong.

2. Big TT weekend for me, Saturday I'm playing in the Veterans National League then Sunday its the Area championships in which I'm competing in four events (Mens Singles & Doubles plus Vets Singles & Doubles).

3. Went for a night out to York with our Pool team last Monday as we didn't have a match, after a few beers two of the team decided they wanted to kill each other so we had to break it up.

4. Next weekend we are having a get together of the old work gang, just a few beers around town. A couple of the girls texted me about it yesterday, should be fun.

5. Not been able to play Golf cos we've had so much rain, the land has so much standing water. Couldn't get out of York the other day cos the road was flooded, had to go the long way around. The rain seems to have cleared but the wind is getting a bit strong although its warm for this time of year and the sun is now shinning.

6. Due to the weather I haven't exercised as much as I'd like but I think I'm holding my own with the weight. I'm eating ok but still can't beat the late night snack.

7. Starting to think about my Chicago trip at the end of Feb, really looking forward to it. I've also been checking out another trip for late April/May, nothing definate yet but I'm toying around with a few ideas.

8. Signed on at the Job Centre again this week (gotta do every 2 weeks).

3 comments:

Rachel said...

hope the dentist gives you all the all clear. i so hate going to the dentist!! good luck in the tournament! don't forget to tell us how it goes!

it has been so c-o-l-d here! i hate january!!

TitanThirteen said...

Is there healthier snacks that you can keep for late night snack attacks? Do you like soup? Or crackers & low fat dip?
Just go to bed earlier already! :oÞ

Mick & Cathy said...

Rach,
I got the all clear at the dentist, so thats good.
Managed to win the Mens Doubles with my partner at the tournament and was runner up in both the Veterans Singles & Doubles.

Cactus,
I'm getting better with the snacks, don't think I'll be going to bed early though.