Wednesday 23 January 2008

Racist or Not

Just got to laugh at a report I've just been reading on the BBC website, apparently a childrens story "Three Little Pigs" as been removed from an award list for school because its feared it will offend Muslims.

Three Little Pigs

There is also a call to have the reading on "Animal Farm" banned from Secondary schools in England.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I find this pathetic its political correctness gone mad, I worry about what is happening to my country. Yes we've got a large muslim population in this country many of whom come for a better life and conform with our society. I have no time at all to the fanatics who want to turn us into a Muslim State, if you want that f**k off to a Muslim country.

I actually find it offensive that some people are trying to erode many traditions and try often succesfully to change things, some of it is riddiculous. I don't consider myself racist I like to try treat people as they treat me, I can find many people of all races and cultures I like and don't like.

Look at some of the things we've had to change, they make me laugh, one prime example is "Blackboard" which we now have to call "Chalk Board". You can't honestly tell me a normal average coloured person would be offended by the origional name, the fact that it is Black may explain the name.

What next maybe "Black Beauty" will be banned from our TV screens and what we gonna call Pork Pies or Pork Sausages, Animal Meat Pies or sausages doesn't quite have the same ring to it and I don't know if I'd fancy them if they were called that.

Love to here all your opinions ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm with you 100% Mick. here in Oz it's the aboriginals that you can't risk offending even though they can call us all the names under the sun and harrass us as we walk through the mall etc. but if we look away in fear or cross the street we are racists. don't get me started on people coming to our country and then protesting for the treatment of their homeland on our soil. umm if you want to fight that fight, GO HOME AND FIGHT IT!!!

ahhhh i could go on and on and on, but one more point on our indigenous community, you may of heard of the "I'M SORRY" dramas over the last few years where our former PM J Howard refused to apologise for the hundreds of aboriginal children removed from their parents years and years ago. anyway, it's these children that were removed from the petrol sniffing, the alcoholism and the generally poor lifestyle they were subjected to that are now demanding a sorry. ummm where would you be if WE HADN'T REMOVED YOU???? not sitting in parliament or wearing that snazzy suit, no, you'd be dead or worse.

ok, end rant.

great topic as always Mick

San
xx

Jenny said...

I hate the whole revisionist crap about changing the past to make it less offensive to the current generation. I think instead we should teach folks about what has happened and why views change and let them be intelligent and make their own decisions.

Anonymous said...

I have read that if anyone even complains about "Muslim" terrorists that there is some kind of anti-hate law that gets people arrested? I also have read that anyone who defends himself against a home-intruder is subject to arrest. It seems like the UK is over-run with camel jockeys.

TitanThirteen said...

I'm with you. People can't chose to move to another country, and then complain about their customs. But they get away with it because we, as a society, pander to them. It's rediculous!

But San, i really have to confront what you said about the seporation thing. The government has no right to take kids from anyone. They wanted to eliminate the "black" in Australia, not protect the kids. If i was torn from my mothers arms, the only arms i knew, and thrown into an orphanage where i got no love or affection, And was told every day that i was just dirty scum, I'd be bloody pissed off too!
I don't think the government should apoligise though. If there are still polititions around that made the choices back then, they should be the ones to apoligise, if anyone.