Wednesday 22 February 2012

Weigh in Wednesday - Double Figures

Another pound down and that puts me into double figures yes 10lb down so far this year. Sure it could be better but in the same breath I'm moving in the right direction and steady is the way to go.
Had a iffy knee fo awhile which as restricted my exercise so hopfully soon I'll be able to up the amount I do especially as the weather improves.

Story so far :-

Start Weight (4th Jan)      - 225lb
11th Jan                          -  223lb
18th Jan                          - 221lb
25th Jan                          -  218lb
1st Feb                            - 217lb
8th Feb                            - 217lb
15th Feb                          - 216lb
22nd Feb                         - 215lb

Was reading some of my old blog posts the other day and came across one I wrote back in 2006 in which I posted "My Golden Rules", basically sayings I try to run my life to, think they are true today. So thought I'd repost with explanations.

1. Live today like you will be dead tomorrow.
Don't put off what you want to do in life because one day you wont be able to do it. Ialways think of the story of the lady who bought a new outfit and was saving it for a special occasion, first time she wore it was in her coffin.

2. Treat others like they treat you.
Speaks for itself really, if people can't be decent or nice don't see why I should be ith them.
3. Never give anyone a 2nd chance to let you down.
 I really do believe this and try to stick to it, actually past friends are no longer in my life because of it.

4. Learn from other peoples mistakes.
Well you haven't time to make them all yourself have you. Seriously experience in life comes from making mistakes learn from them all whether you have made them or others.

5. Its not the taking part its the winning that counts.
This caused a debate last time because everyone just associated it to sports. Really thats not all its about I believe life is competitive and winning is everything. It could be something like passing a exam, passing your driving test, etc. What about getting a ob in front of 50 other applicants or what about pulling the girl of your dreams when everyone else is after her. yes life is competitive with winners and losers and I want to win.

6. Set your goals high and don't stop until you get there.
This is about having ambtions an aims in life, don't let anyone or anything detract you from them. Its so easy to get trapped in lifes routines we actually forget what we really want.
7. Never ask your friends what they can do for you ask what you can do for them.
This basically means be a good prson and a good friend, recognise other peoples issues and not just your own.

8. Don't make your only ambition in life to become the richest person in the graveyard.
I find money makes so many people greedy, the more they get the more they want, its not gonna buy you happiness. You earn it to spend it right.

9. Honesty is everything.
I hate liers and cheats with a passion, always have think its sad there are too many about. I only want to be friends with people I really trust its as simple as that.

10. You get out what you put in.
Life doesn't owe us anything we've gotta earn it (hate spongers they are a burdon on society). Can relate it to many things but sport is a prime example the harder i train/practice the better I get. But you can relate to relationships, work, anything really.

Glad I read these again given me things to think about for sure hope you agree with some of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great rules.