Wednesday 8 February 2012

Weght Loss Wednesday - Good or Bad I don't know

For the first time this year at my weekly weigh in I've not got a loss to tell you about but on the positive side I've not gained either, 217lb exactly same as last week.
Of course that asks the question "Is it a Good or Bad result ?"
Start Weight (4th Jan)      - 225lb
11th Jan                          -  223lb
18th Jan                          - 221lb
25th Jan                          -  218lb
1st Feb                            - 217lb
8th Feb                            - 217lb

A few bits of good news firstly the other weekend I met up with a long time online friend for the first time. Think all of you know I keep my many photos on Flickr. Well I'm a member of a group on there for Leeds United supporters, we share photos and have a small forum on the site. The administrator Dave who set up the group lives in Doncaster so when I played TT in the town he came along and we had a beer afterwards and a real good chat.

Talking of Leeds United fans its great to see a return to blogging of one of my long term friends Airliebird, is it really 3 years since her last post, where does the time go.

Its this Saturday I'm off down to the big city (London) to have a reunion lunch with three ladies I met on holiday, really looking forward to it, sure to have a few laughs.

On the downside its been really cold around here with snow and ice, dropped to minus 10 last night which is cold for us.

4 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Minus 10 degrees is cold. That's 14 degrees F (sorry, we Americans need the conversion) which is cold even in Chicago. I like cold, but sadly Chicago is having its warmest winter in 80 years.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Temps in teens (F degrees) at night! Finally!

Mick & Cathy said...

can have our cold if you want, lol

Fadi said...

Hi,
Such times-"Not to lost weight times"- can happen to anyone and this is normal,because of the person's individuality and circumistances.

Last year I decided to get healthy and loose the extra pounds I had put on over a few years. Last year January I started riding an exercise bike at least 3-5 times per week. It helped and after about 3 months no more weight loss and no more inches lost. I felt better and had more energy but I wanted to lose the fat. After this I started an exercise program and was seeing a little more shape in my body but nothing major. Recently I joined a gym and the same thing happened – my body is taking some shape but no weight loss and not moving the inches around the waist. What I could really use was some fat burning tips.

I’ve heard over and over that exercise alone isn’t enough. I was feeling better and looking better but I had plateaued. I needed something new to burn the extra fat (and I still have a bit to get rid of). At this point the only change I could make is diet. I don’t eat that bad but I don’t eat that great either. I wanted to find some weight loss reviews to see how to eat properly to shed the extra fat.

I picked up the latest issue of Men’s Health and there was a great article on how to eat to lose fat. I found out that even though I was eating OK I wasn’t eating right for fat loss. I then started researching this a little more. Here’s a quote from http://www.fatburning-tips.com/fat-loss-4-idiots-review – “One must know that there are two types of hormones released in one’s bloodstream – a fat burning and a fat storing hormone and they are controlled by the food one consumes. . . . The right food consumed according to a right scheme is the right step towards losing weight and that is the basis of this program.” I was finding this theme over and over as I read about taking my weight loss to the next level.

OK so now I’ve got the information I need to get some recipes! I think I’ll check out the diet solution for their recipes. Anyone else want to send me some great tasting easy to make high protein and low fat foods pin them to my Pinterest board.