Tuesday 28 February 2012

I just don't know what to do with myself

Yes its a song title I know but its exactly how I feel at present. Only just over two weeks to my Lisbon holiday which I'm looking forward to. I know during the week I've got my TT and Pool matches but next two weekends my diary is empty and I don't want it that way.

I'm someone who always likes to have something on or somewhere to go I must admit and its these sort of weekends that really makes me miss dating. Been single sucks sometimes especially when most of your friends are married or in a relationship.

Maybe I should play golf but of course that would depend on the weather at this time of year, aint played for nearly a year. Maybe go to the Football Leeds are at home Saturday but its a late kick off so not sure I want to, footie is meant to be 3pm.
Maybe I should make a effort to get a date, have been chatting to few ladies online and could be some that are up for a meet up. To be honest I made a decision no to date until after easter, still have strong feeling elsewhere and dont want to move on too early, it unfair to others to date on rebound. Suppose part of me still wants to turn the clock back if i'm honest and I know once I've moved on thats it no turning back just how I am.

So anyone any suggestions how to fill my weekends ?

I'll think of something I hope ?

And yes here is the song :-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll love Lisbon it a good city.

As for your boring weekends, just follow your instincts, golf if you fancy it or go to the football.
You got any jobs to catch up on ?
Garden maybe ?
R x

Anonymous said...

It wouldnt hurt to go on a couple of dates Mick, just to get out of the house and keep you busy and you never know who you might meet because you can't really put your life on hold for someone else. Get out there and have some fun boy! SHARLENE

Mick & Cathy said...

R,
Catching up with jobs is a good idea, I normally do them through the week and leave weekends for pleasure if I can. Garden is getting to stage of its after winter tidy up (weeds are starting to grow, lol).

Sharlene,
Of course what you say makes sense and I've given the subject a lot of thought over the weeks. Still searching for answers though, its basically head versus heart which is never easy. I've just programmed easter as my decision point, maybe i should bring things forward as you say why put my life on hold.