Tuesday 29 November 2011

Best Cities to Live

I've just been reading a article about the best Cities in the world to live.

The cities are measured based on local living conditions and analysed according to 39 factors in ten categories. These include crime, law, banking services, personal freedom, healthcare, education, leisure facilities, housing, public transportation and record of natural disasters.

The top ten are named as :-
1. Vienna.
2. Zurich
3. Aukland
4. Munich
5. Dusseldorf
6. Vancouver
7. Frankfurt
8. Geneva
9. Copenhagen
10. Bern

Among these 10 Copenhagen is the only place I've visited and although its a long time ago it was a great place and I ound the people really friendly. Can't really argue about the others but there are a few I'd have expected on there from what I've read about them (eg, Sydney, Perth, Barcelona, Tokyo, etc).

Saying that I only have to look at the five British Cities that make the list of 221, London 38, Birmingham 52, Aberdeen 54, Glasgow 56 & Belfast 63 to realise this list isn't fool proof. They are 5 Cities over here I wouldn't want to live in and how any of them rank above Leeds, York, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle or Edinburgh confuses me.

Still its unlikely I'm ever going to live anywhere apart from around here, as far as I'm concerned its more relevant to what Cities I want to visit so reckon I should do a list.

So here are my top ten of the ones I've yet to go to (not in specific order) :-
1. Berlin
2. Barcelona
3. Vienna
4. Tallin
5 New Orleans
6. Buenos Aires
7. Sydney
8. Perth
9. Tokyo
10. Cape Town

Of course there are many more but these came to me off top of my head.

So where would you like to visit ?

5 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Yachats or Breitenbush, Oregon, USA. I love Oregon.

Anonymous said...

Hoping to be standing in front of the pyramids for my 50th birthday in 2016! Would also like to go to Hawaii, New York and Italy. Would love to spend a few months in England to do family tree research. Just had my first visit to Perth Mick. Beautiful city but take fly repellent! I know there's a lot of flies in Australia but I could not believe the little bastards in Perth! We live on the (Queensland) coast like Perth is
but we don't get that many flies! SHARLENE

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg,
Never been to Oregan, somebody once told me Portland is nice. Suppose nearest I've been is Seattle which I enjoyed.

Sharlene,
50th birthday thats a fading memory so much as happend since thenn(ok 3 years ago, soon to be 4), lol. Went to Chicago with a couple of mates for mine.
What part of England do your family originate from ?

Anonymous said...

As I am about 4th or 5th generation Australian these ancestors are a bit far back.Manchester is one place on my father's side and we recently found out that a bunch of mum's ancestors sailed from Plymouth to Queensland in 1882. There is a couple of irish ones on both sides as well, and a german. Nothing exotic unfortunately! I am planning on joining that ancestry website next year to really start digging! SHARLENE

Mick & Cathy said...

"Manchester" aaaarh, wrong side of the hills, thats red rose country not as nice as over here in white rose country, lol.
Its actually only about 70 mile from where I live, suppose thats nothing to you in Aus but its a different world over here.
Don't recall ever going to Plymouth but its in a nice part of the world.