Saturday 19 November 2011

Time to move forward

Well got yesterdays funeral over and thougth it went quite well (as well as funerals go), we got a good turnout and I thought it was a nice service.

I'm sat at home now bored and lonely, Paula stayed over the last couple of nights but went home earlier to sort a few things on. Considering going through tomorrow and surprising her, maybe take her out for lunch, see how I feel in morning.
But in general think I'm ok, not too depressed but have a feeling I could have a delayed reaction, that happend with Mum, sort of doing all the organising the funeral and getting round all the friends and relatives helps take your mind off things.
Of course losing both my parents this year changes my life significantly especially as a lot of my time in recent years was taken up looking after them as their health started to deteriate. I've been giving it serious thought to what I'm going to do in the future, not going to make any snap decisions on anything major and I'm sure not that much will change.

Think I'm definately gonna do a holiday over christmas, it makes sense because otherwise I'll be sat at home getting depressed, I'd normally be getting my parents meals and things. I'll go on a singles holiday albeit with a group of strangers it'll be with other people and be good for me. Before anyone asks its partly Paula's suggestion as she is working a lot of it and also has her own parents to look after so wouldn't be with me that much anyway.
We are away together in Norfolk for a week early in december, renting a cottage and think that trip will tell us a lot about where our relationship is heading.

Need to get back on the weight loss bandwagon again, recent events have put my plans on back burner but its something I want to do. Think it will be one of my new year resolutions (with potentially two holidays in december it seems silly starting now).

Lets just hope next year is a good one for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well at your Dad's funeral and he had a good service. Like the sound of your plans for Christmas. Yep, not much point in dieting before then! That is my new years resolution AGAIN! I have lost 20kg this year before we went on our big trip last month.Should have lost a lot more but stuffed around too much! Hope you are coping OK. SHARLENE

Mick & Cathy said...

Hi Sharlene,
You've done great to lose 20kg in a year, I'd certainly settle for that. It isn't easy thats for sure.