Tuesday 8 November 2011

A Big Loss



Its really busted me up losing Dad at the weekend I've taken it very hard. It was a real shock to find him, I'd been away for the weekend actually talked to him on the phone just after lunch Saturday but it appears he passed away early evening. He hadn't had the salad I'd left in the fridge for him which he would have at about 6pm. Also one of the neighbours had been with him in the afternoon until 4pm so its sometime in between.

So it appears he'd been dead 24 hours before found him.

He's had a post mortom to find reason for death and its been caused by a blockage in the arteries stopping bllod and oxygen getting to his heart, the coroner said it would have been very quick and little anyone could have done. That doesn't stop me feeling guilty not been there, wish I was but I know he wouldn't have wanted me to be there 24 hour per day and spoil my life.

He was 86 coming up 87 in January so had a good inings I suppose but that doesn't make it any easier, I've took this much harder than Mum because in some respects that was a relief due to health issues and she was ready to go. Dad had a few health issues himself but nothing we thought life threatening and things seemed to be getting better.

Losing both parents in the same year is devastating to me and gonna take a lot of getting over, my parents did so much for me even though we didn't always see eye to eye, they were always there for me. It was a honour to look after them in their later years as their health failed.

RIP to a great Dad

4 comments:

TitanThirteen said...

Is Paula with you while you are going through this Mick? I can't even begin to understand how you feel, but i do feel sad for you, my freind, going through this U_U

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

I'm thinking of you, Mick.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick. I have been reading your blog for a few months now but have never left a comment. I have been away and just read your latest post. I am so sad and shocked for your loss. To lose both your parents in one year would be horrifying. But there must be comfort in the fact that your mum and dad are together again now. My dad died suddenly when I was 17. I hope you are surrounded by loving friends and family at this time. SHARLENE.

Mick & Cathy said...

Sharon,
No Paula can't be here because she is working every day (lives and works in York) but we are vitually in constant contact by phone, text, IM,etc.
Gonna see her tonight though and she'll be staying night before and after the funeral.
Been really busy sorting stuff out each day and geting great support from family (many cousins) and friends.

Reg,
Thanks.

Sharlene,
Its nice to know I actually have blog readers wish it could be in happier circumstances.
Your comments are much appreciated, thanks.
Don't be a stranger, feel free to comment on any post in the future, its how I started blogging myself.