Sunday 27 November 2011

In Shock (twice)

First one of my cousins phoned this morning with the bad news that her brother had died in the early hours, I knew he was ill but not realised how serious because he lived away and hadn't seen him for 6 month.
He was 62 years old, early part of his life he served for many years in the Royal Navy and more recently has been managing a Pub, I believe it was cancer that got him.

Then I turned my computor on and saw with disbelief that one of my favorite all time footballers Gary Speed had been found dead at his home aged 42. Looks like he's commited suicide which makes in more unbelievable, what can make somebody especially in his lifestyle comit suicide I just cant believe.
Of course Gary played for my favorite team Leeds United, actually came through the ranks from the youth team and was a major part of our last teamto win the title in 1992.
He did move on and had a distinguised career playing for Everton & Sheffield United and was also a reguar Welsh international.
More recently he as gone into coaching and was the current Wales manager.



RIP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gary Speed = Legend

R.I.P.