Sunday 20 November 2011

Moving on

Just to update you all on yesterdays post I'm no longer thinking about booking a holiday over Christmas, actually gone and done it. Was origionally looking at either Germany or the Italian Dolomites but they booked up so decided to go to Lake Annecy and the French Alps. Should certainly see some fantastic scenary and hopfully meet some nice people and maybe make a few new friends.

Only time will tell whether I've made the right decision, just hope so.

On another note I'm off out tonight to the local pubs Pool finals, looking forward to it just because sat here at home is making me miserable, just need someone to talk to, Sunday can just be such a nothing day. Was busy this morning sorting through a few things, still lots to do but was getting a bit emotional finding some stuff.
Think one of the biggest problems is when someone close dies everyone initially contacts you to off their sympathy but then they seem to back off and give you some space believing you want to be alone with your own thoughts. But in truth you need to be around people otherwise it drives you mad, suppose its maybe worse for me been a only child and not married, well thats how I see it anyway. Still I'm a big boy and will deal with my emotions, its a case of having to I suppose.

1 comment:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, thank you for the insight into what it's like to have someone close to you die. I will remember in the future not to back off of my friends who are in your situation, or to at least check in on them periodically. I think some people do treat death as if it's contagious. Weird. I'm sorry you're so isolated right now.