Thursday 24 November 2011

Taken my eye off the ball

As I've previously said I'm planning to get back on the weight loss bandwagon at the start of the new year, ok could start now but its pointless with two holidays in December and I know it would go wrong.

I know for sure that since September when I got down to 210lb (15stone) I've taken my eye off the ball and allowed the weight to creep back on. Its easy to make excuses with all thats happend, comfort eating, injuries restricting exercise, even boredom eating, etc but the bottom line is its down to me, its my fault, my lack of determination.

So where will I be starting, in truth reckon following my holidays its going to be nearer to 16stone (224lb) than the 15stone I achieved, still its still way less than where i started last time. Its also a new beginning and I intend to find a new determination.

So roll on January.

4 comments:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Oh, you lucky English: to have only two major eating episodes in your holiday season. Today was Thanksgiving and everyone in the U.S. who possibly could, stuffed ourselves. Ugh. I don't know if Halloween means anything to you, but that's the true start of the American eating season.

But back to you: congratulations on being farther along than you were at this time last year! The most lasting change is gradual. As long as you keep re-focusing on health, your actions will pay off. My weight isn't good right now, but I'm celebrating my reduced interest in high-carb, high-sugar foods. My diet is better, even though my body hasn't caught up yet.

Anonymous said...

Exactly my sentiments, why bother dieting before xmas and new year! You start on the 2nd of January, the day after the hangover! Gee I'd love to be 16 stone! In fact, when I get back on the diet wagon again, I am only going to get down to that weight. I can get away with it with my height and bone structure and hovering around 100 kg is a lot more maintainable than trying to get to 70-75 kg which what I really should be but tough, I've been big all my life so no point in changing much now. I would have probably got the middle age spread soon, so at least no-one would notice! Sharlene.

ArleneWKW said...

I'm thinking that I may rejoin Weight Watchers. Lots of good excuses including dealing with acute back pain since before summer. Getting rid of weight might ease the back pain, but it's soooo easy to comfort myself with food.

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg, Yes we do halloween its sort of become a bigger thing in recent years, never was a big deal when I was a kid.
Its a good point I'm in front of where I was a year ago.

Sharlene,
Think you call it right its easy to get carried away and make our targets impossible, that only leads to disapointment.

Arlene,
I know what you mean, comfort eating is so easy.