Wednesday 18 July 2012

Weight Loss Challenge - Week 8

Knew I'd been good this week (diet and exercise) and am pleased to report another 3lb gone, thats now 20lb in 8 weeks and I'm now only 2lb short of my target with 3 weeks to go. Not that I'm taking my foot off the gas as I've said previously this is a lifestyle change and this is only my first target.

I've been looking at the bigger picture and giving a lot of thought and have got in my head that I eventually want to get under 12stone ((168lb), think last time I was at that weight I was at school, lol.

But I'm not silly and will do it in stages setting targets as I go, sort of stepping stones. Experience tells me that I'll put some weight back on when I go on holiday in August, well thats fine but I wont go stupid but will treat myself. The Wednesday after my return I'll check the damage and set a new target based on that, slowly I'll keep going down and down.

As  yo-yo dieter in recent years the biggest thing to me is my new found motivation but not only that the ease at which I've significantly cut things from my diet and replaced them with more healthy options.
To be honest beer as always been a problem, I still have a pint but very rarely, in fact even when out I'm drinking low sugar soft drinks most of the time when I would have had a beer.
Of course its not just the drink Ive changed what I eat, think I've found a diet that works for me and am actually enjoying because its quite varied but does include quite a bit of fruit.

Mick - start weight 222lb - todays weight - 202lb - target loss 22lb - loss this week 3lb (14%) - total loss 20lb ( 91%).

Reg - start weight 131lb - todays weight - 127.5lb - target loss 6lb - loss this week 0lb (0%) - total loss so far - 3.5lblb (58%)

I trained at table tennis last week because I had a tournament saturday,it was a ranking event and i had to play a group of 7 (all play all) of similar standard. I was rated to finish 5th and admit i lost to one of the two players ranked below me but to counter that beat two above me including a win against the top ranked man who was 28 places above me in the national list. So pleased in the end but will own up to one more thing, did have a couple of chocolate bars while competing (for energy of course).
Spent most of Sunday in the garden, digging up a overgrown area (which was a good work out), feel I'm just about getting on top of things now, its looking good.

Did go for a practice Monday but was a little stiff and sore from the weekend so cut it short, am going to play a local club tournament tonight, not that hard but will get me moving.

As I was posting this I just had a phone call with more bad news, another of my cousins has passed away. It wasn't unexpected as he had been dignosed with brain cancer last week and they had told the family there was no hope.



1 comment:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, it sounds like you've reached that stage of life when you're ready to make real changes in your lifestyle. Well done. My weight hasn't changed this week: 127.5. But I'm okay with gradual (very gradual) weight loss. I'm determined to buckle down during these days leading up to my 46th birthday (24 July).

Sorry to hear about your cousin.