Wednesday 4 July 2012

Weight Loss Challenge - week 6

Another week of my weight loss campaign and another 2 pound gone making a stone lost so far in 6 weeks. Although pleased of course not bragging yet because all I've really taken off is weight I'd gained on my holidays I'm actually back to my lightest weight this year. Saying that its also the lightest I've been for many years I believe.
That doesn't mean I'll now get complacent, this continues I'll make my 22lb 11 week target I'm confident, I feel very motivated.

Got to mention I've a pair of black pinstripe smart jeans (had about 2 years) that have never worn because far too tight. Tried on yesterday and nearly there, would still be a tad tight for comfort but could get away with wearing them, expect to be taking them to Austria in august they'll be fine by then.

Mick - start weight 222lb - todays weight - 208lb - target loss 22lb - loss this week 2lb (9%) - total loss 14lb ( 64%).

Reg - start weight 131lb - todays weight - 128.5lb - target loss 6lb - loss this week +0.5lb (+8%) -
total loss so far - 2.5lb (42%)

In a way the most pleasing thing about it is I've done this without a lot of exercise due to problems with my joints (knees, ankles, elbows), in the past the constant pain would have derailed me. Things are improving although still some pain and stiffness but yesterday i was able to do 3 hours work in the garden which involved bending and climbing so things are looking up.
Also off for a table tennis practice this afternoon, it'll be a bit painful I think but could do me good and if I don't get a reaction I'll play again tomorrow. Need to sharpen up because I've a competition a week on saturday, not sure yet whether I'll be fit enough, standard is high and if I've restricted movement will be waste of time so wont go.

Its to the Docs later this morning to get results of my blood test, will see what he says.

5 comments:

Enz said...

Hope all is well with the tests. Good work on the loss!

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Okay, I'm back to 128.5. Weight loss isn't easy when you have a bad week that has you snacking. I'm sure next week will be better. It's the big American 4th of July holiday today, but I have no plans. This is good because it means no temptation to dig into hot dogs, chips (crisps) or red-white-and-blue desserts.

I thought we had a third weight loss person on here?

Mick & Cathy said...

Enz,
Yes tests were good thanks

Reg,
Yes we did but it was Mandy who I split with so don't think she'll be weighing. Not that we arn't talking di cat a bit online last night.

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Sorry to stick my foot in my mouth. Right: then it's you and me to the end, Mick! Even though my weight hasn't shifted much in the past week, I'm very excited to be wearing shorts that haven't fit for YEARS. I can wear them comfortably again, YAY!

Mick & Cathy said...

Reg,
No worries still nothing stopping her continuing if she wants but I just not gonna ask.
It is a big boost when clothes start to fit again.
Yes you not lost loads but considering you are doing this following a good weight loss at your own weight watchers challenge I reckon you doing great.
5 weeks to make our targets lets both get there.