Thursday 19 July 2012

Big Jacks Little Black Book - Have we all got one ?

Was just reading an article on one of the football sites about one of my Leeds United heroes Jack Charlton and the controvesy he caused back in the early seventies when during a TV interview he announced he had a "Little Black Book" with two names in that given the chance he would get before he ended his career.

http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/pdf/season197071part2.pdf

Big Jack wasn't just anybody, a gentleman but hard as nails, part of Englands 1966 world cup winning team who later wen on to be a very succefull manger, including  period with the Irish National team which is arguably the best period in their history.

He was honest, outspoken, down to earth, with Jack you what you saw was what you got.

Whether the book actually existed and the two names in it is still a mystery today, did Jack get them, who knows ?

Anyway it got me thinking and I reckon I've got a little black book of my own, yes sure there are people we dont like but what I'm talking about is people we actually hate and would wish to see harm come to them.

Maybe there is someone in your past that treated you badly or maybe someone you consider disrespected a close friend, we can only know that answer from ourselves. Suppose its more about carrying a grudge which we all know we shouldn't but sometimes people in our lives cross the line.

Not that I'm going to hunt anyone down or anything but at same time it best we don't run into each other, certainly would find it hard not to say anything.

So anyone brave enough to admit to having a "little black book".

Actually saw one person on my list the other day but we were both in cars, in fact pulled up behind him at the railway gates, did think about getting out but comon sense prevailed, lol.

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

There is a German word that describes feeling joy at the misfortune of another person. I can't spell it correctly, bit it's something like this: schadenfreude . (This turns out to be the correct spelling because my iPad provided it.). I had an unpleasant interaction with the golf operations manager of the golf course that is adjacent to my back deck. A few days ago I read that he was led away from the golf clubhouse in handcuffs. He is accused of stealing over $100,000 of golf equipment and cash over a two year period. I was shocked and delighted that things have turned ugly in his life. Schadenfreude.

Mick & Cathy said...

Like it, reckon people do somtimes get what they deserve, lol.

Anonymous said...

I thought men had little black books for keeping girls names and numbers in! Never heard of THAT little black book! SHARLENE

Mick & Cathy said...

Sharlene,
Thats the big black book, lol