Friday 13 July 2012

Its up to me now

Was at the Docs earlier today to get the results from the various medical tests I've had recently and am very happy with the outcome.

Basically my heart is good and strong, my blood pressure is normal, my colesterol levels are low and no sign of developing diabetos.

In fact the only thing the tests revealed was what i know already that my Uric Acid level in my blood is too high which wasn't surprising because the reason i went to the Docs in the first place was a acute gout attack. It read 470 and really needs to be below 400.

Think with my diet (dare i say new lifestyle) i'm lowering it but its a lifelong challenge that I'm prepared to give my best shot. Thought I may have to go on a drug to lower it but after diecussing with the Doc he accepts that I should try do it by eating/drinking the right stuff and losing weight.
We have agreed to re-access my blood and weight in January (6 months) to see if I'm doing the Job and I'm determined, anyone who as had gout will understand why.

So basically its up to me now.

I've learn't a lot about gout by reading varies websites and am learning more all the time, its a very complicated subject and I'm taking on board more information all the time.

1 comment:

Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Mick, I'm very glad to hear about the good results of your tests. Good for you to focus on diet rather than take a pill. You'll get better overall results from eating/drinking well than by adding medication. Well done!