Wednesday 28 October 2009

Improving fitness

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned actually timing my short power walk/jog to make me work harder on getting fitter. To be honest I'm concentrating on fitness rather than weight loss, reckon eventually one will take care of the other.

Anyway when I first did this walk my time was 22 minutes 10 secs, I've improved each time and now its down to 20 minutes 40 secs. Ok I'm a long way from running the route but well on my way to breaking the 20 minute barrier (eventually I'll be running it in under 15 minutes I hope). I don't think I've run for runnings sake since I left school, ok chasing, kicking and hitting balls is different, I just need to make things competitive.

These are my results so far :-
12/10 - 22min 10sec
15/10 - 21min 54sec
20/10 - 21min 32sec
24/10 - 21min 25sec
28/10 - 20min 40sec

On another note I've noticed my rested pulse rate is slower recently, can't really think why. Its always been slightly over the normal 70bpm, between 72 & 76. Well for the last month the highest I've recorded it is 70bpm but I've took it as low as 62bpm but in general found it between 65 & 68bpm.

Played TT last night in the York league, doing good so far this season my team is unbeaten and I've won 16 out of 18 sets played. I have another match tomoz but in Selby League its our first league game.

4 comments:

ArleneWKW said...

Glad to hear that you're making progress with your walking time.

celtic_girl said...

Your stats are good, I can see progress there.

Thansk for the York photos, being a history buff I enjoyed the commentary and further reading on Wikipedia.

TitanThirteen said...

Awesome work. How are you keeping the motivation up?

Mick & Cathy said...

Arlene,
Thanks, it is good to see improvement.

Celtic,
York is a fantastic City, its not big but so much history, great for tourists.

Cactus,
Mostly I'm not bad if I make things competitive, with this I'm competing with myself.